Menu
Highlighted
mitch666
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

New phone doesn't work

Had Virgin take over my home phone yesterday as part of a BB upgrade.. Faultless for 14 years with BT. Wake up today no service. Called the engineer direct. He came back tonight for 3 hours. Left telling me he didn't know what was wrong and he'd call his boss tomorrow. 

I am self employed and have had customers calling my mobile because the home phone doesn't work anymore. Engineer suggested I phone India?? I emailed Virgin and have been promised a response in 7 days. Pathetic service, which is now costing me money. What do I do now? 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: New phone doesn't work

You have plugged your phone into the Virgin Master socket I assume?

Virgin do not use BT lines as they have their own local network/master sockets. Some new connections are VoIP only & plug into the broadband router.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
mitch666
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Couldn't plug anything in. Engineer left the box dismantled,hanging from the cable. He came out Friday to swap me from BT to Virgin. He left and said it's all good to go. Saturday morning I went to use it and realised all my phones were dead. He came back and spent 3 hours plus Saturday night, leaving gone 9.00PM. He admitted he didn't have a clue and said I'd need to call India. I don't old a grudge against him. He really tried hard but basically was inexperienced. I asked if he had any backup, ie someone more knowledgeable to call but apparently not. I don't blame him at all. Virgin should send competent engineers out. Poor guy was asking me for help, bless him. Anyway got a guy coming back at +4.00PM today. Fingers crossed.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there mitch666, 

Welcome to the forums and for your post - I was very sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your landline on your first day with us. 

Has the technician now visited you today as per your earlier post? Please do keep us updated on how things go and we can assist where needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mitch666
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. Yes the "A team" have just left. Intermittent break in my wires back to the "cabinet". All four conductors (or, or/wh, bl,bl/wh) iffy. 

George 21181 sussed it out in about 30 mins. Brilliant guy. Did a work around using the two spare cables next door. Outside of the box thinking. Clever young man. Repull organised. Top guy, him and his mate. Virgin need more guys like him. Have to say original installer was a contractor from Kier. Clearly less experienced but no shame on him for the effort he put in. Very pleased Virgin. Happy new customer. Please keep it that way LOL.

@Katie_WT wrote:

Hi there mitch666, 

Welcome to the forums and for your post - I was very sorry to hear that you're experiencing an issue with your landline on your first day with us. 

Has the technician now visited you today as per your earlier post? Please do keep us updated on how things go and we can assist where needed. 

Cheers

0 Kudos
mitch666
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

All done now. Ta.

0 Kudos