Menu
ACCB
Tuning in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

New VM customer - phone not receiving calls

Hi. 

So I installed the new hub on Friday (2 days ago). The phone was working immediately - outgoing calls only. If I call the number from my mobile, I hear a ringing tone, but the landline doesn't ring.

Same this morning, after 2 days.

I haven't tried using the old line, as only have 1 device to test with. (Could do but have been living in hope...)

What's the normal timescale for this?

Thanks,

AB

0 Kudos
ACCB
Tuning in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: New VM customer - phone not receiving calls

Update - I did move the only phone we have back to the old (TalkTalk) socket, and it's working fine, in both directions.

So we appear to have got VM broadband and outgoing phone (using the same number) but all our TalkTalk services are still running.

AB

0 Kudos
Laurarara
Up to speed
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I'm having the same problems - long time customer and suddenly both phones not working.

Have tried other phones but it's the line out - friends say my line is ringing when they call me, but I simply can't hear it.

0 Kudos
Laurarara
Up to speed
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Mine's been fixed. Problem at terminal box very similar to eight months ago. Reported via live chat and fast response once Monday came around.
0 Kudos
ACCB
Tuning in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Glad you got yours sorted.

No change here, but I think yours was a fault and mine is just a question of how long it takes to port a number from TalkTalk to VM.

Anyone know the answer?

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The porting process should either be done on the day of install unless there has been a delay with the porting orders being rejected due to incorrect information.

If the process isn't started before it should take up to 14 days to get a port request put through and working on your line. 

Do you know what the current status of the order is ACCB? 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
ACCB
Tuning in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Sorted now, thanks.

When the TalkTalk broadband stopped, yesterday (Monday) afternoon, I quickly swapped the phone from the TT socket on to the VM router and hey, presto! everything was working.

Not sure why it started on Friday and finished 3 days later, but all working now.

(Interestingly, my router just rebooted as I tried to send this and so I had to wait for a few minutes.)

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes i'm not sure why it would have taken 3 days to do as this should only take around 20 mins once the process started on Friday unless there was an issue with the release of the number from Talk Talk to the Virgin Media network.

Is your router and connection ok now ACCB?

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
ACCB
Tuning in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I think so.

Everything seemed fine until that little reboot this afternoon, and seems OK just now.

Thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Ok thanks for coming back to me ACCB. Let us know if you have any further issues.

Thanks

Steven_L