Menu
SteveScrutton
Joining in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

My phone does not work

My phone is not working this morning, and it seems quite impossible to contact anyone.

I cannot ring 150 as my phone is not working!

When I ring084501234567 it tells me I have misdialled - and I haven't!

The chat line does not function - it never has.

Does anyone know how Virgin can be contacted?

Or is it easier to change my supplier?

eborsaint
Tuning in
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: My phone does not work

SteveScrutton
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Thanks.

What I now need to ask is why that number is not on the Virgin Media website, whilst another number is one that does not function?

Are Virgin seeking to reduce the number of problems that can get through to them?

KSquire
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Mine is doing the same thing,I'm on Norwich, are you in the same area? 

Can't get through to anyone to ask -no chat service available and I'm not paying to call from my mobile! 

What a joke! 

KSquire
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Also the service outage check doesn't work, just takes me in circles with no answer.... Grrrrr! 

greygray
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I just joined this community today as my phone has not been working for 3 days now and I was unable setup an account at Virgin's home page

I thought I had an account, but seems not, and when I tried to enter in the required details, I got a message "could not find your account with the details provided

According to the phone display the "Line cord error" whatever that means??

As for phoning that number for support, I can't as "My phone is Not working"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi SteveScrutton, 

Welcome to the forums and thanks so much for your post. 

I can see that a community member has supplied you with the correct contact number for us; are you able to advise where you located 084501234567 on our site as this is not one of our numbers so we'd like to get this looked at and removed. 

Are you still having issues with your landline today? 

We were of an issue with some customers who get their landline via the Hub yesterday and this has now been resolved. 

If you are still having issues today, do a reboot of the hub and this should restore your services for you - please do pop back if you are having any issues after that. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hello KSquire, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - so sorry that you had some issues with your landline. We were of an issue with some customers who get their landline via the Hub yesterday and this has now been resolved. 

If you are still having issues today, do a reboot of the hub and this should restore your services for you - please do pop back if you are having any issues after that. 

Cheers 

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there greygray, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - sorry to understand that you have had some issues with your landline since you have been installed and that you are having issues setting up your online account. 

When setting up the online account, you need your account number (this needs to be 9 digits - if it is less than 9, please add zeros to the start) and your site ID along with the full name of the account holder as it appears on the account. 

I've not been able to locate your information from your Forum information so I have popped you a quick Private Message - please check for the little purple box and we can go from there Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos
marian1945
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

I got internet and phone on 28th August.  I have not had the promised welcome pack.  I cannot phone as my phone has a continuous engaged signal. I used my mobile and was asked for a customer number, which I have not been given.  My husband and I are both over 70.   Please, please, let us have our phone and our welcome pack, etc. I would also like a Media email instead of having to pay Sky for our old one.

0 Kudos