Menu
Highlighted
mattbabs
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Misled over international charges

I recently asked to be switched to Talk More International Anytime as we have been having to call Spain frequently due to a family bereavement.  As the family member doesn't have a landline I specifically asked if mobile calls were included.  I was told that I was fortunate that calls to both landlines and mobiles are included for free.  I have now had a bill showing that mobile calls are not free so I had to pay an extra £20 on top of the extra fee for switching to the international package.  I appreciate that this is still probably cheaper but why was I told that mobile calls are free, when they are not?  At the time I was not in a position to look through the fine print on the website, and relied on Virgin giving me the correct information.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Misled over international charges

Hi mattbabs, 

Thanks for your post; I was sorry to hear about your loss - I can understand that looking through fine print is the least of your concerns as times like this. 

In regard to the Talk More International Anytime - this does include calls to UK Mobile numbers.

However, the zero rated calls only apply to the 1st 60 minutes (1hour). After the 60 minutes if you do not hand up and re-dial, a charge of 5p per minute will apply. 

Hope this helps somewhat. You can read a bit more on the following link - just scroll to the bottom and select "Phone" and then find "Talk More International Anytime" http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/extra-tariffs.html

Cheers

^Katie

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mattbabs
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ringing UK mobiles isn't a concern, I have unlimited calls from my own mobile. The issue is that I'm being charged to ring a Spanish mobile. I rang up to get the international calls added and was told that calls to both landlines and mobiles in Spain were included.  Our relative lives in an isolated area that has 4G but no landlines, so calling the mobile is our only option. I know that it would cost a lot more without the extra package but it was a bit of a shock when we got the bill. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply mattbabs, I am very sorry about any misunderstanding with the Talk More International Anytime - this would only include UK mobiles abroad or Spanish landlines. 

You could try WhatsApp or Skype calling to their mobile as this is free of charge Smiley Happy 

Cheers ^Katie

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
mattbabs
Dialled in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

They don't have a smartphone so WhatsApp, etc aren't suitable. If they did I wouldn't need to pay for the international calls package! This is why I asked if mobile calls to Spain are free, and was told that they were included in the package. Is anything being done to stop your staff from giving out incorrect information? 

0 Kudos