Menu
Alias2019
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Long-term ‘crackling’ landline

The landline has been badly ‘crackling’ & noisy for months. Since staying solely with virgin media we have replaced the phone + wires but this did not resolve the noise. It’s a 9/10 for annoyance.

Could VM run a test on the line?

thank you

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Long-term ‘crackling’ landline

Hi

Please call 03454541111 from a different phone and speak to faults so they can test the line. The line needs to be free to do the test. I think you might be able to test the line yourself by logging into my virgin media.

Don’t have a mobile or inclusive minutes then you can ring 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 and you will be put through to faults and customer services, this number is absolutely free from BT and New World payphones as well as mobiles.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there Alias2019, 

Thanks for your post - sorry to understand that you are having some issues with your landline at the moment. 

As you have checked a different handset already, we may need to get a technician out to check this for you - have you followed the information provided by nick_london and managed to call us or do you still need assistance? 

Do let us know and we can help if needed. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Alias2019
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

A Virgin Media technician came out and spent half hour diagnosing and fixing the issue. After he left, one day later the terrible crackling came back and the phone line is useless again Smiley Sad

Will urgently require a technician to come again and sort this out finally. We cannot use the house phone..

pleaseeeeeeeeeeeee

0 Kudos
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hello Alias2019, 

Apologies for the late reply. I'd like to take a close look at the issues for you but I will need to access your account to do so. 

I have sent you a private message with a request for some information so we can get this sorted for you. 

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos