Superuser
Message 41 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin Media In Violation Of Ofcom Rules

@PaulH2011 wrote:

[...] 

Different for me today, my experience is similar to this tip on ISPreview:

[...]

Not wanting to be too precious about it, but that "tip" that ISPreview put online they copied-and-pasted directly from what I posted at message 15 in this thread!

Keith

Superuser1718.png

GRCam
Tuning in
Message 42 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: You CAN Have Your LRS Renewed

I have today (31 Oct 2018) renewed my LRS for another year using the call options given. I was put through to an overseas call centre and there was no problem with the renewal. The confirmation I have received from VM clearly states that LRS "is available to existing customers renewing an existing line rental for a Virgin Media cable phone line".
My suggestion to others who want to renew is to ensure you call well in advance of the renewal date (at least one month) and there should be no problem when following the advised call options.
PaulH2011
Dialled in
Message 43 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: You CAN Have Your LRS Renewed

Already been said a while ago.

0 Kudos
AlphaEcho
Joining in
Message 44 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line rental saver SCRAPPED!!!

Managed to renew my line rental agreement over the phone today.

Initially was told it wasn't offered anymore, after I quoted the "Line Rental Saver - the Legal Stuff" appropriate sentence that it is still available to existing customers who have an existing line rental saver plan the call operator asked where I had seen that, after telling them on their website right now they went off to check with a supervisor.

An apology was given about the incorrect information given and payment was taken. Confirmation e-mails have also been received.

Definitely need to hold your ground here and not be fobbed off if they say no and you know your right.

0 Kudos
GeeYGee
Settling in
Message 45 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi I phoned the 150 and was told my Line rental renewal will end on 8th Nov 2018 when i phoned an indian lady  said it has expired and I could not renew it. she ended the call.. this morning  when I phoned again.I spoke to a very nice Welsh Man  at customer services and he helped me. I renewed my line rental and paid up front  £196 and got a better deal for the coming year. I will wait to see if I get any Problems this coming year.

GeeyGee

0 Kudos
Billesleygriffo
Tuning in
Message 46 of 58
Flag for a moderator

GeeyGee - I would say you've been very lucky with that nice Welsh gentleman. If your old LRS was due to expire on Nov 8, and because this "charge" is an advance charge on your Virgin bill, strictly speaking you should have rang Virgin on Oct 8 at the latest. I have recently spoke to Virgin twice to confirm I need to speak to them on December 29, as my LRS runs out on January 29 (2019). 

0 Kudos
NHANDUCHROMATUS
On our wavelength
Message 47 of 58
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

we had no problem renewing our line rental saver today but it was comprehensively explained to us that line rental saver is not available to new customers and existing customers must renew it before the expiry date on your existing line rental saver contract ends, he also assured us we will be able renew it again when next years contract nears its expiry date. 

okonski
On our wavelength
Message 48 of 58
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I'd take that 'assurance' with a very big pinch of salt!  The CS bod can only offer what his computer lets him - and to state it will continue next year is pure supposition on his part..... why not ask for it in writing?   It is clear that LRS is on the skids - they hope that natural wastage will result in them being able to cease it without much hassle, and by not sending out reminder letters to those with active LRS subscriptions (always a hit and miss affair) increasing numbers will find LRS is no longer available and it will be quickly forgotten about.

Having had LRS for the last 9 years, the 'benefit' of it has largely dissipated - originally offering a saving of £58 by paying annually in advance, it has now fallen to £32 - so not quite the no-brainer it was originally.  For those unlucky to lose it - don't beat yourself up, it was good once, but the benefit in 2018 is much less.

0 Kudos
zimmer46
Tuning in
Message 49 of 58
Flag for a moderator

First I knew about this was when I got the monthly email telling me my latest bill was available to view.  I did, and spotted the £19 for the line rental.  After checking on here realised that my LRS had expired 3 days before the email.  Having read through this thread, I phoned and despite my best endeavours still got the call centre in India.  Got the standard answer, but challenged on basis that unlike in previous years I had not received any notification of the approaching expiry of the LRS and given VM's website says it IS available for existing customers they had a duty to tell me that.    The absence of a letter making it clear that it is available for existing customers suggests this was an underhand way of letting customers inadvertently lapse their LRS and then blocking any renewal.   Disingenuous in the extreme.  

Anyway, the call centre put me on hold to refer it.  After a few minutes they came back saying they were unable to renew it on the system "at the moment", but their teams were working on this issue and I will receive a letter in due course when they have a solution and as an existing customer I will be able to renew the LRS.  Something will also be posted on the VM site.   I checked with her that I had understood her correctly, and she agreed with this.   I'm not holding my breath, but I will give it 7 days before I make the official complaint.

0 Kudos
NHANDUCHROMATUS
On our wavelength
Message 50 of 58
Flag for a moderator

on your monthly statement it shows when the line rental ends so really its best to put a reminder on your calender a month before its due to cease👍we never got a reminder this year    also we find ringing 150 in the morning is best to get a English customer service representative 🤔

0 Kudos