Menu
4FF
Joining in
Message 21 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line rental saver SCRAPPED!!!

I pay a monthly price for Phone+BB of £31.49.
The BB is 100Mbps
I have also paid £196.00 for LRS for at least 3 years.
Should I not have been paying (31.49 -196/12) per month?
TIA
Eddie
0 Kudos
Billesleygriffo
Tuning in
Message 22 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi Eddie. If I've calculated your sums correctly (final figure of £47.82 per month) I would say you're paying way over the odds. I have phone line, 200mbps BB and Player TV (with latest v6 TiVo box) for £31 per month + £196 LRS, which equates to £47.33 per month. Deffo get onto Virgin and force a better deal out of them - especially with the latest price increases coming up

4FF
Joining in
Message 23 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi

Well, if the £16.33pm payment is supposed to be included in the package price, they owe me a lot of money back.

Eddie

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 24 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@Billesleygriffo wrote:

Hi Eddie. If I've calculated your sums correctly (final figure of £47.82 per month) I would say you're paying way over the odds. I have phone line, 200mbps BB and Player TV (with latest v6 TiVo box) for £31 per month + £196 LRS, which equates to £47.33 per month. Deffo get onto Virgin and force a better deal out of them - especially with the latest price increases coming up

Its no good directly comparing prices for people that have 3 services with people that have 2. The more services you have the bigger the discount it attracts, so it is common for people on the "triple play" discount to be paying about the same or less than someone with only 2 services. A lot will also depend on when the services were originally contracted.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
OzzyMills
Joining in
Message 25 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: You CAN Have Your LRS Renewed

@DifferentLogin wrote:

OzzyMills, I am appalled by the way you have been treated by Virgin Media.  I was able to renew my LRS on 5 September 2018 by getting through to a UK Virgin Media call centre using the method described in my previous post.  My LRS was due to expire on 24 September 2018 and, like yourself, my previous bill (29 August 2018) had begun to include a £19 advance monthly phone rental charge again.  I have included a screenshot of my Virgin Media confirmation e-mail dated 5 September 2018 which you are welcome to mention to VM - I have redacted my e-mail address for security purposes.

The moral of the story is to AVOID foreign VM call centres at all cost.  It is disgraceful that they took your £196 payment for a service they said they could not provide.  Furthermore, they were not telling the truth when they said that they could not refund you your £196 because 'you had paid by credit card'.  My confirmation e-mail from VM (see below) says: 'If you cancel .....within 7 working days....we'll fully refund your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with'.  The foreign VM call centre should have given you a refund immediately you asked for it.  To regard it as 'credit' on your bill is not acceptable and is against VM stated policy.

Personally, I would not go along with the solution that VM have offered you.  I suspect that by agreeing to a £32 reduction, you will lose the chance of renewing your LRS next year.  You need VM to confirm that you have renewed your LRS and that it remains part of your contract.  You contacted VM before your renewal date.  Therefore you are entitled to continue with LRS saver this year and beyond.

VM LRS Confirmation 050918.jpg

I went into my local Virgin Media store last Thursday (13th Sep) and spoke to the guy down there who called the call centre. Apparently the call centre said I could renew but having checked my online Virgin account today (17th Sep) and there's no mention of LRS or any confirmation email like you received. Checked my bank/credit card and there hasn't been anything taken out or anything for LRS - how quickly did they take payment? Called their call centre today and the same "you can't renew LRS" line. All very odd and a bit frustrating. Admittedly it's "only" £32 but surely Virgin Media should have a better idea as to who qualifies and who doesn't!!!

0 Kudos
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 26 of 58
Flag for a moderator

OzzyMills, I have checked my credit card account online and Virgin Media took the £196 payment the same day I phoned.

If you log into your Virgin Media account, on the right hand side of the screen, you will see a 'View Contract' link.  You need to click on this to see whether or not LRS has been added to your services and when it runs out.

Screenshot below.

VM Print Screen.jpg

OzzyMills
Joining in
Message 27 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@DifferentLogin wrote:

OzzyMills, I have checked my credit card account online and Virgin Media took the £196 payment the same day I phoned.

If you log into your Virgin Media account, on the right hand side of the screen, you will see a 'View Contract' link.  You need to click on this to see whether or not LRS has been added to your services and when it runs out.

Screenshot below.

VM Print Screen.jpg

I checked that part of the website and there was nothing to see! I might just accept defeat but will soldier on as if you can get it I don't see why I can't when your LRS expires on the 24th Sep and mine on the 30 Sep. Something is not quite right and not one clear message yet from Virgin, their moderators on this forum read these messages at all?!?!?!

DifferentLogin - Thanks for all the tips and advice on this thread. Did you only take out another 12 months LRS or did you also take out a new 12 month contract for TV/Broadband? Just thinking if they renewed everything for 12 months their systems might accept it.

0 Kudos
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 28 of 58
Flag for a moderator

OzzyMills, I have been a cable customer continuously since 1996 in cable's various incarnations - Yorkshire Cable » General Cable » Telewest » Virgin Media.  Once your minimum contract period has expired you can just continue as you were or at any time after that sign up to a new minimum contract period - hint: doing that MAY get you a better deal.  With the 1 October 2018 VM price rise looming and my being some time out of my last contract, I took the opportunity to negotiate a new 12 month contact with Virgin Media.  I can't really say anything more than that as Virgin Media's rules are: 'Unfortunately, we don't deal with billing over the forums.'

0 Kudos
OzzyMills
Joining in
Message 29 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@DifferentLogin wrote:

OzzyMills, I have been a cable customer continuously since 1996 in cable's various incarnations - Yorkshire Cable » General Cable » Telewest » Virgin Media.  Once your minimum contract period has expired you can just continue as you were or at any time after that sign up to a new minimum contract period - hint: doing that MAY get you a better deal.  With the 1 October 2018 VM price rise looming and my being some time out of my last contract, I took the opportunity to negotiate a new 12 month contact with Virgin Media.  I can't really say anything more than that as Virgin Media's rules are: 'Unfortunately, we don't deal with billing over the forums.'

Made one last call and got through to the Retentions team but no success .When you called on that 5th Sep they were allowing renewals for the same month that LRS was actually expiring. Seems to be that I just called too late in this month before they changed their computer systems that allowed same month expiry renewals! This was the 5th call through to a UK based customer service team so I guess they might be telling the truth, I just wasn't accepting it! 

Darn it. Ah well. 

0 Kudos
ChrisNod
Joining in
Message 30 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Don't agree at all with avoiding 'foreign' call centres.

I've found them to be very knowledgeable and helpful and, at times, giving a far better and quicker result than UK based centres.

Call them out of hours is my advice.

0 Kudos