Menu
MansUnad
Joining in
Message 11 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: Line rental saver SCRAPPED!!!

My line rental saver expires soon and I tried to call to renew it. When I called initially on 17 July 2018 I was told that I will receive a letter in August as it expires in September. No letter received but my latest bill showed monthly rental charge of £19. I realised that I need to call to renew as LRS as it is not expired as yet. After trying for few days and holding the line for more than 14-15 minutes I gave up.

Today I managed to get through foreign call centre and was told LRS is no longer available to me. No option on the system to renew it. I asked to talk to to the Manager and was on hold for a while and gave up. After reading the LRS forum i took the advise from one post that I need to go to retention’s department. I dialled 150 and went through options which said cancellations. Luckily within few minutes I was able to speak to the advisor and was able to renew it straight away for another year. My connection seemed to be with UK based call centre.

There seems to conflicting information between two call centres. The foreign based incorrectly says LRS is not available. Do both call centres view different information of the same account? Virgin Media needs to look into this area as it is frustrating to get through the call centre and then unable to get correct information.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Hi MansUnad

My apologies the first depart could not help.

There has been a change in policy where we now no longer offer thew LRS to customers if they do not already have this and this has not expired.

This means you should have been able to have been offered this when you called through the first time as you have not cancelled your LRS, it had not expired and you were not taking this on as a new customer.

I'm glad this has been sorted for you.

Kindest regards.

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

clawuk134
Just joined
Message 13 of 58
Flag for a moderator

It seems like the foreign call centre does not know your suggestion.
I just called them and was advised there is no such thing. All LRS has been stoped since Aug. and they will not offer renew to existing customer on LRS. I have quoted your message too.
Please help and confirm if this is another new policy to charge more.
My LRS is not expire till 19/10/18, I had explained this to the advisor and yet she took few minutes talked to her colleague and return to say LRS policy is no longer offer to anyone.
0 Kudos
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 58
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

You CAN Have Your LRS Renewed

clawuk134, I had the same experience as yourself.  My LRS was due to expire on 24 September 2018, I dialled 150 and got through to the same unhelpful foreign call centre where I was told that my LRS could not be renewed.  I gave up after 50 minutes of unfruitful discussion.

I succeeded in renewing my LRS by following up the advice in some of the very helpful previous posts.  You need to dial 150 and select the option to leave Virgin Media PERMANENTLY.  Doing that will not only get you through to someone more quickly, it will connect you to the Virgin Media UK call centre and to someone who who knows what they are talking about.  You will be assured that since your existing LRS has not expired, it can be renewed for another year.  DO THIS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

Superuser
Superuser
Message 15 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Re: You CAN Have Your LRS Renewed

I have just re-enabled my LRS for another year - and there is a specific menu choice within the phone system to get to renew your LRS; on that menu choice the offshore customer service people know all about LRS, the phone was answered instantly, and it was all efficiently processed & completed in a few minutes!

To get to the LRS people when you call up (i.e. call 150 from a VM phone or 0345 454 1111 from another phone) then you should choose the following:

• Initially choose Option 1 for "Broadband, TV and Phone"
  • Then select Option 1 or 2 (depending if you're calling from the phone that is on the account you want to talk about or another phone)
  • Then Option 4 "Make changes to your account"
  • Then Option 1 "Add a new service"
  • Then Option 2 "Line Rental Saver"

Keith

Superuser1718.png

ChrisNod
Joining in
Message 16 of 58
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Keith,

You truly are a super user.

Just followed your guidelines and renewed mine after two previous attempts.

Saved another £32 - owe you a drink.

Chris.

OzzyMills
Joining in
Message 17 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@DifferentLogin wrote:

clawuk134, I had the same experience as yourself.  My LRS was due to expire on 24 September 2018, I dialled 150 and got through to the same unhelpful foreign call centre where I was told that my LRS could not be renewed.  I gave up after 50 minutes of unfruitful discussion.

I succeeded in renewing my LRS by following up the advice in some of the very helpful previous posts.  You need to dial 150 and select the option to leave Virgin Media PERMANENTLY.  Doing that will not only get you through to someone more quickly, it will connect you to the Virgin Media UK call centre and to someone who who knows what they are talking about.  You will be assured that since your existing LRS has not expired, it can be renewed for another year.  DO THIS BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE.

I wasn't able to renew the 12 months LRS despite my LRS running out later (30 Sep 2018) than yours.  What date did you actually call them - was it this month or last month? 

My August bill statement said my LRS was "Payment Made In Advance For Line Rental Until 30-SEP-18" so I left it until today (12 Sep) thinking I would still be in the "active" status as it was ending the 30 Sep. 

All the below is from today (12 Sep) and my attempts to get LRS again.

I spoke with the LRS overseas team and they took £196 from me but then said I couldn't have the LRS as it was now "inactive" so £196 would be left as credit on my account. Great! £196 paid for nothing. They couldn't refund it as I had paid by credit card.

I then called again and tried the option to leave Virgin on the phone menu and got through to someone from the Sheffield retention branch. They said they would speak to their manager and get back to me as to what the situation was. I then received a "one ringer" on my mobile and then seconds later another "one ringer" on my landline from Virgin - letting it ring once didn't give me the chance to pick up my mobile or landline phone! Not sure what they are playing at. All very odd and bad customer service.

I called back after getting these two calls and was directed through to the Cardiff retention team. They said they couldn't do another 12 months LRS. 

I then call a few hours later and chose the leave Virgin option again and got through to their Glasgow retention team. The lady put me on hold and eventually said they couldn't do the 12 months LRS but could refund the £196 I paid earlier and as a goodwill gesture put £32 on my account for not being to go for the 12 months LRS. 

Virgin Media, I think, outsource their customer service to various call centre companies so is it luck as to who you get through to? Maybe one retention team can access the option to enable another 12 months of LRS?

Differentlogin - any idea of the accent of the person who managed to renew your 12 month LRS?!?!?!?

0 Kudos
DifferentLogin
On our wavelength
Message 18 of 58
Flag for a moderator

OzzyMills, I am appalled by the way you have been treated by Virgin Media.  I was able to renew my LRS on 5 September 2018 by getting through to a UK Virgin Media call centre using the method described in my previous post.  My LRS was due to expire on 24 September 2018 and, like yourself, my previous bill (29 August 2018) had begun to include a £19 advance monthly phone rental charge again.  I have included a screenshot of my Virgin Media confirmation e-mail dated 5 September 2018 which you are welcome to mention to VM - I have redacted my e-mail address for security purposes.

The moral of the story is to AVOID foreign VM call centres at all cost.  It is disgraceful that they took your £196 payment for a service they said they could not provide.  Furthermore, they were not telling the truth when they said that they could not refund you your £196 because 'you had paid by credit card'.  My confirmation e-mail from VM (see below) says: 'If you cancel .....within 7 working days....we'll fully refund your advance payment to the debit or credit card you paid with'.  The foreign VM call centre should have given you a refund immediately you asked for it.  To regard it as 'credit' on your bill is not acceptable and is against VM stated policy.

Personally, I would not go along with the solution that VM have offered you.  I suspect that by agreeing to a £32 reduction, you will lose the chance of renewing your LRS next year.  You need VM to confirm that you have renewed your LRS and that it remains part of your contract.  You contacted VM before your renewal date.  Therefore you are entitled to continue with LRS saver this year and beyond.

VM LRS Confirmation 050918.jpg

OzzyMills
Joining in
Message 19 of 58
Flag for a moderator

@Karen_A wrote:

Hi MansUnad

My apologies the first depart could not help.

There has been a change in policy where we now no longer offer thew LRS to customers if they do not already have this and this has not expired.

This means you should have been able to have been offered this when you called through the first time as you have not cancelled your LRS, it had not expired and you were not taking this on as a new customer.

I'm glad this has been sorted for you.

Kindest regards.

My bill last month said my LRS runs out 30 Sep 2018 so I called yesterday (12 Sep) and despite calls to the overseas team that deal with LRS and 3 calls to UK based retention teams they all said I couldn't renew LRS. I originally got charged £196 by the LRS overseas team who said this couldn't be refunded as I had paid by credit card, so it was left as credit on my account. Later on the UK retention team processed a refund for this £196.

What is the exact situation with myself? Am I in a position to renew LRS for another 12 months as it doesn't end until 30 September 2018?

Thanks in advance 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 20 of 58
Flag for a moderator

The £32 discount that they've put on your account is what the LRS saves us in one year...I strongly suspect that, based on the current change in policy re. LRS that by this time next year no one will be able to do LRS anymore anyway as it will have been completely discontinued (whether you already have it running or not).

So, poorly handled as it was, you've at least ended up with effectively the same end result as those of us that did manage to renew it.

Keith

Superuser1718.png