Menu
missk
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Landline not working

we have had a fault on our landline for over a week. There is no dial tone and the phone is reading as the line being in use. Internet is working fine. 

Husband called CS and they said it would be sorted within 48 hours. nothing. Other people in the area are not having issues. We have unplugged and taken batteries out of the phone and then plugged back in. Nothing Smiley Sad

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline not working

HI Missk

I'm really sorry for the problems with your telephone service, I've taken a look at this from our end to run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any errors.

Have you been able to test your handset at all? Either by trying an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? Are you plugged into the master telephone socket at the moment or an extension? Lastly, do you have any other devices plugged into the telephone line? 

Speak soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
missk
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

we only have one terminal in the house which works, so I cannot test an alternative line. I could take the handsets to another house and test I guess. The phone is plugged directly into our only socket which has previously worked fine. There is nothing else plugged into it. 

thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi missk

Thanks for getting back to me, we'd love to eliminate the possibility of there being an issue with your handset, if you could either test an alternate handset or yours on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
missk
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

now I have had to go and get a new phone, plug it in and the line is still dead...

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi missk,

Thanks for your reply.

Next I'd like to arrange for a technician to take a closer look so I'm just going to send you a private message which you will find if you click on the purple envelope at the top right of the screen.

Talk to you soon

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
missk
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

an engineer came out and said the line was fixed. It now buzzes and cuts out during a phone call. the buzz is painful on the ears!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi missk,

Sorry to hear about this.

I'd like to arrange for another engineer to fix this for you so I'm just going to send you another private message to your inbox (Purple envelope at the top right of the screen)

Talk to you soon.

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
missk
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

still not working, i couldn't see a message. 

thanks.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi missk

Sorry to hear that you didn't receive the message, I'll get it re-sent. 

You can view it by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos