Menu
ABealing
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline fault-incoming calls subject to BT Call Screening

For some reason callers to my home landline, which has always been Virgin receive a message about being subject to BT Call Screening and don't get through.  What is happening?

0 Kudos
ABealing
Tuning in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Landline Hijacked?

Callers to my landline get a message saying that the line is being screened by BT Callguard and don't get through.  If I use the landline to call my mobile it comes up as another number calling.  Have received calls intended for this other number.  Not sure what's going on-it appears that my number's been switched with another Virgin customer who has now called us (to her own number!) and has also raised the issue and does use BT Callguard.  My call to 150 resulted in an engineer visit being booked but can't see what he can do from my end. Previous post on this issue has disappeared.  What's going on??

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Landline fault-incoming calls subject to BT Call Screening

Hello ABealing, cheers for posting; sorry to understand that some callers are having issues calling you. 

This is not something that we have come across before - especially if you have never ported your number from BT.

How are things looking since your post last week - have things improved? 

^Katie

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ABealing
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie, thanks for the response.

After explaining it 3 times to different agents at your call centre (India?) the best suggestion was that it was Spam.  I'm not sure how not receiving calls can be included in Spam!  Eventually they booked an engineer visit and he diagnosed a connection error at the local exchange which he corrected.  All now  seems to have returned to normal. The engineer was great but the call centre was shocking.  Still, the first telephone fault in 20+years so not so bad.

Andrew

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ABealing, 

Cheers for popping back and letting me know; I am sorry about your experience when you called. Spam does sound strange however, but glad that the technician was able to get things sorted out for you. 

If you ever need any further help, don't hesitate to pop back here or find us on Twitter or Facebook. 

Cheers

^Katie

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos