Menu
Highlighted
Bronxbomber
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Land line offer

For the past couple of years I have paid 12 months landline in advance saving me a few pounds I have just tried to pay again and as told it is no longer available as my old contract ran out two days ago and I never renewed it as informed by the email I NEVER RECEIVED AN EMAIL I only realized it had finished when I noticed my bill had increased I rang and was told it is no longer available Yet it is till advertised IS IT STILL AVAILABLE OR NOT?????

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land line offer

If it has run out on your account then no. You have to renew before it runs out, the date of which is clearly stated on your bill. Once it is off your account it can not be added again as it is now a legacy product.

I have had LRS for over 5 years running & have only ever had one reminder from VM, so have always put it in my calendar to renew within the last month of the old one.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Bronxbomber
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whats the problem of renewing it the day after ? Not very good customer service as I never got a reminder and only got my bill the day after it ran out.There was nothing in the TERMS as I can remember saying it had to be renewed before it ran out???

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

@Bronxbomber wrote:

Whats the problem of renewing it the day after ? Not very good customer service as I never got a reminder and only got my bill the day after it ran out.There was nothing in the TERMS as I can remember saying it had to be renewed before it ran out???

You cant renew because the old offer has expired  (& by the way every monthly bill carries your LRS expiry date on it). As with all legacy products, once its gone, its gone. You cant go back to it. Just as you cant go into a shop & say "you had this on special offer yesterday, why not today". All providers have now scrapped LRS, Virgin could have just withdrawn it from sale full stop, but they decided to allow existing subscribers to renew one last time. It is up to us to make sure we dont miss the boat, which having no reminders I always made sure I didn't miss mine.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Copthornemike
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

As your contract has expired you are in a position to move.

I suspect as soon as you inform VM that there are better offers elsewhere (and there will be) and you are strongly minded to move they will I am sure be able to magically reinstate your annual land line fee.

It is a simple way of VM buying your 'loyalty' for another year. 

0 Kudos