Menu
oldgit1
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Land Line dead for 3 months! Chat line unavailable!!

So I have avoided using thie land line for years but need access now for technical reasons and have been unable to connect for months.  Tried two different (old but less than 5 year old ) phones sets and each failed.  Now new third phone also fails to get line out and as usual all incoming calls are greeted by a call mail voice!!!!

Try MyVirgin and go thru the system to preferred option 'chatline' and then nothing happens.  Change browser and repeat actions too get flag saying chatline unavailable!!! At 6.30pm!!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrr. Premium service indeed

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land Line dead for 3 months! Chat line unavailable!!

Hi there oldgit1, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - I was sorry to understand that you had some issues getting in touch with us in regards to the fault with your landline. 

I do hope that you have since had the assistance you needed since your post - if you do need further help, please do pop us a reply and we'll do what we can to assist you. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oldgit1
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Land Line dead for 3 months! Chat line unavailable!!

Yes after 20 minutes on your chatline answering the most ridiculous questions 90% of which were supplied when I logged in to the service and apparent to your employee I finally got a service call.  Technician turned up and I gave him my handset with which he immediately got an outside line on!!!! I expressed my total surprise and he told me he had called into your exchange box and noted an error in your system which he corrected - what a bl**dy system. Stae of the art - pity you don't maintain it. 

He also questioned if my web service was OK and I explained it was intermittent reception whicch apparently did not surprise him as my line was set to the very lowest power level which was only marginally functional - and I am paying for premium service!!!!!  He removed a throttle on my modem and hoped this would help.  Can't fault you technician - but your system and its operation needs a review.  I don't see why I should be paying for a premium service and then find out you have me on the lowest bandwidth.

I suppose your forums work if you accept a 4 day delay!!

0 Kudos