Menu
hads12
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

LINE CORD ERROR

Hi, my phone is displaying the message LINE CORD ERROR and i'm unable to receive or make calls. I haven't changed anything, I've tried another phone etc. Please advise.

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: LINE CORD ERROR

Hi Hads12

its a National issue IMO verified in London Manchester Liverpool Devon etc Google 'downdetector Virginmedia 'website would have been nice for VM to have made a customer service announcement that their maintenance outage had knocked out everyone's virgin landline and some poor souls have no VM service at all .

there seems to be faults with my friends who are on bt sky EE this weekend also affecting landlines and mobiles 

an update that has gone wrong 

Go to service issues on My Virginmedia and see your phone is green no issues click test then after test book engineer appointment it should say Wednesday at the earliest

All Replies
Caligulacabbage
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Hads12

its a National issue IMO verified in London Manchester Liverpool Devon etc Google 'downdetector Virginmedia 'website would have been nice for VM to have made a customer service announcement that their maintenance outage had knocked out everyone's virgin landline and some poor souls have no VM service at all .

there seems to be faults with my friends who are on bt sky EE this weekend also affecting landlines and mobiles 

an update that has gone wrong 

Go to service issues on My Virginmedia and see your phone is green no issues click test then after test book engineer appointment it should say Wednesday at the earliest

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi hads12

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service recently.

I'd like to arrange for a member of the team to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi hads12

Thanks for getting back to me, I'm glad to hear that you've arranged for action to be made to get this issue resolved. 

We'd love to hear how it goes and will be here should you need any assistance moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
oikiu
Just joined
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I'm experiencing the exact same problem. Tried to make a call but it displayed LINE CORD ERROR. I used my mobile to call the landlines, it will ring out but the landline phone didn't ring. I've tried unplugging and plugging it back in couple of times, but it did not work.

Please advise. Thank you.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi oikiu

Welcome to the Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you're experiencing with your telephone service. 

I've been able to locate your account using your Community details to take a closer look and run some tests on the line and we're not detecting any issues. 

Have you been able to test your handset at all? By trying an alternate handset on your line or your handset on an alternate line? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
matipf
Joining in
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I've been getting the same I've tried to chat on the online chat which seems to never work!! just tried to tweet which now I'm getting some help as originally was probs with internet being hugely slow!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi matipf,

Welcome to the community. Smiley Happy

I am sorry for the disruption with the landline you experienced.  I just wanted to pop by and see how things are today.  I hope all is working alright now for you, should you need anything further please give us a shout.

Collette.

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
matipf
Joining in
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hi thank you I have an engineer coming on Tuesday! to fix the line! its a huge shame the online chat doent work!!?

I do need help with my internet though for months ive been getting very slow speeds of 64 to 90 mbps when I pay for 350mbps!! it would be great if you could help with that!!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi matipf

Thanks for getting back to us about this, I'm glad to hear that an engineer is coming out later today.

We'd love to hear how that goes and will be here should you need any assistance with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

0 Kudos