Menu
petew27
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Keeping my BT number

I asked for my number to be ported over to Virgin during my order, when my services were installed this hasn't happened.

Ive just rung 150 as suggest by others on this forum and the guy from Virgin told me that i have to ring BT to tell them i am leaving.

Since when does the customer have to do this, i have never had to do this in all the times i have had to transfer the number

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Keeping my BT number

Do not cancel your BT service until the porting has been completed as you will lose the number.

Ring 150 again and speak to someone else. The person you spoke to was mistaken.

0 Kudos
petew27
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Luckily ive not rung BT yet to cancel as was suggested, i thought it was a bit strange that he told me i had to do it.

I will ring back shortly

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi there petew27, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues getting your number ported over to us from BT.

As nick_london, you should not cancel your BT landline as this will stop us bringing the number over to us. 

I have located your account from your Forum information and have popped you a Private Message so we can help you out Smiley Happy 

Just look out for the purple envelope and reply when you can. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
petew27
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replied to your pm

0 Kudos