Menu
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 11 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it legal for Sky Tv to take my phone number from Virgin media without my permission

A million thanks  - Nick  - for your post and Telephone number for OFCOM - at the moment I am awaiting a future reply from Sky  in regards this shambles  - I have 21 phone calls logged to and from Sky - amount of text and emails from Sky  - most if not all apologises  - I am leaving them be until Monday  - for there Conflict Resolution Officer to get in touch  - as for Virgin media  - well they will be given the same amount of rope to sort there mess out - as they were not behind the door to charge my account for 104 euros  - due to the fact  - that while my phone had been taken without permission from my supplier  - Virgin media  - no letter- text - email  - phone call  - was made by me to Virgin media in regards to change supplier to Sky  - and I have been hit with a charge of supplying Telephone and Broadband as separate items  - instead of a bundle  - as I write this piece  - I still have a Emergency phone number  - this is not the first time that this has happened  - Virgin media had only taken over from Chorus  - and a year in EIR (  or as I like to call them  - EIR Cowboys  ) took my phone off Virgin media  - but at least  - when I got in touch with the Ombudsman  - I was able to get it back within 4 days  - this time it was a  young American woman who arranged the Emergency number  - No help from anyone in Ireland 

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 12 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is it legal for Sky Tv to take my phone number from Virgin media without my permission

It might be worth your while to check the other forums  - where you will see this is happening  - BT is a great example 

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 13 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie  - I have replied as requested  - a million thanks 

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 14 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie  - the UAN is sometimes called the Universal Access Number  - or the Universal Account Number  - you will see this form on the Virgin website 

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 15 of 32
Flag for a moderator

You say 104 Euros and Chorus. So you’re in Ireland, I didn’t know this. As you are in Ireland, you need to contact Comreg NOT Ofcom.

Ofcom is for Northern Ireland and the rest of the UK but since you’re in the Republic of Ireland, you need to get in touch with Comreg which covers Ireland.

Also this forum is for Virgin Media in the UK so I am unable to help any further as Ireland maybe has different regulations to the UK.

I hope you get it sorted and wish you a Happy New year,

regards

Nick

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 16 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Sorry  - maybe I didn't make myself clear  - I gave nobody the right to take my phone number or line from Virgin media  - this was not asked for or looked for  - if Sky took it - which they did  - it had to be with the help of Virgin media 

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 17 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Nick - they did  - and have  - Virgin media has put their hands up that it did happen  - depends on the time of the day and the call centre in what part of the world  - they will tell you  - that they don't know  - similar to what occurred between Sky and BT 

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 18 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Here is the link for Comreg, please contact them instead of Ofcom which is in the Republic of Ireland

https://www.comreg.ie

0 Kudos
marygemmajim
Joining in
Message 19 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nick  - again a million thanks  - I will certainly be in contact  - as well as the Ombudsman  

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 20 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I will never go with Sky again because of similar issues. I don’t like the way they operate and Virgin Media is the only real alternative in terms of variety of TV channels and the fact that they are the fastest when it comes to internet speed.

0 Kudos