Menu
rodentbasket
Dialled in
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Is a call to 150 still free?

I assume that calls to 150 are still free and will remain so.

But why is this no longer stated anywhere? It does not seem to appear in

http://store.virginmedia.com/phone/compare-fibre-optic/index.html?buspart=cablecall_02 or virginmedia/callcosts or the documents linked from there. On the face of it, connection charges apply. I did eventually find "call our team for free on 150" (awful grammer) buried in the small print hidden in a menu for "Number transfer". Why is the 150 cost not prominently displayed in the obvious place?
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is a call to 150 still free?

Hi rodentbasket,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry that you found it difficult to find the information you were looking for online regarding if 150 is a Freephone number or not.

150 is a Freephone number when dialled from a Virgin Media landline and mobile.

I see what you mean when going to the obvious place on our Help pages - Contact Us - Call Us, it states to ring 150 but doesn't verify that calling that number from a Virgin Media line or mobile is free. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused you.

I'll certainly pass this on as we do take on board your feedback and always looking to improve the way we do things.

Kind regards,

Terri

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
EM66
Joining in
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator

This post is a year old and the fix still hasn't been actioned. No point giving feedback, you saying you'll pass it on etc., if nothing happens.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Hi EM66,

Thanks for your post on the Forum and a warm welcome to the Community. We do take on board customer feedback and if you go onto our Help & Support page and click on Contact Us (also found at the very bottom of this page) and then choose the applicable options for Choose a topic and Tell us more then choose Call us, you will see our contact numbers clearly displayed along with a link to check the call charges for a Virgin Media home phone.

Please let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

0 Kudos
pmfrench
Tuning in
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I'd like to add that whilst I see your link, looking over the document I couldn't get the confirmation that dialling 150 from Virgin Landline is still free (regardless of the package) hence how I found this thread.  Presuming 150 is still free (I'm a brand new customer with some issues that I need to discuss and Live Chat seems to be rammed)

Buffer6
Wise owl
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Dialing 150 is free if you are phoning on a Virgin Media landline. If it is your VM landline or you use a neighbours VM landline it's free

'Your VM landline' means you have a package which includes line rental from Virgin Media. 

0 Kudos
Trevor2522
Tuning in
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Terri AND Virgin Media Forum Team:

VIRGIN MEDIA STILL DOES NOT INFORM VM CUSTOMERS & POTENTIAL NEW CLIENTS THAT 150 IS FREE FROM VM LINES, EVEN 18 MONTHS AFTER THIS SUBJECT WAS FIRST RAISED HERE.   YOU ARE LIARS AND MAKE NOTHING BUT FALSE PROMISES.

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Trevor2522 what are they lying about?
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

It would help if you could post links to where it says such calls are chargeable.
VMCopperUser
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Not sure why some of you long-timers here are being so defensive.

If you do as the staff say then they say go to look, looking points you to http://virginmedia.com/callcosts, that page forwards me to http://www.virginmedia.com/shop/phone/compare.html?buspart=cablecall_02, from there I have to pick my package, nothing at this point is still showing.

But there is now a link at the bottom of the package, called calling cost, so I click that and find lots of useless bits, and if I scroll through all 32 pages then all I know is that calls are now in bands and not numbers.  Hmm that doesn't show it. Lets keep going.

Oh look, at the bottom of the page where I originally found the calling cost pdf, I find a new pdf for 2017, it says the previous one that they linked in the packages is now outdated - oops, but to the right of that I see another document for stuff that includes service numbers.  Well neither of those work, hmmm... where now.

But seriously...

Before you guys defend virgin media, and before the staff keep saying "click the link, click the link" then by god shouldn't someone actually check to see if the thing shows?

Dat stuffs broken.  Don't defend VM Staff or Webpage crew.  But if you do want to explain where to find it then please lay it out for me.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.

I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.