Menu
stricko
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Is 12 weeks (and counting) acceptable to port a number to Virgin?

I'm currently on hold to customer services (again) about this issue. I've already been bounced out of the service after 50 minutes on hold this morning, so you might say that I'm a little frustrated.

Upgraded my package to include home phone 3 months ago, and asked for my home phome number to be ported (from Vonage). TWELVE weeks later and the job isn't done, and no one at Virgin can give me an answer why, or when it might be fixed. I've spoken to Virgin on pretty much a weekly basis about the issue, without making any progress. I've been promised callbacks which have never happened, I've been transferred to the "number porting team", only to be given the main customer services number again.

My average wait for a call to customer services in over 40 minutes (yes, I'm keeping records). I've talked to OFCOM, but they can't help with individual cases.

IF ANYONE FROM VIRGINMEDIA IS ACTUALLY MONITORING THESE FORUMS, YOU MIGHT WANT TO GET IN TOUCH!

(PS. Believe me, I would be very happy to just give Virgin a "full and frank" opinion of their customer services and walk away, BUT, in my location Virgin is the only way I can get fast broadband, as there is no (and will never be) fibre to my local BT cabinet.)

PPS Currently at 22 minutes on hold

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Is 12 weeks (and counting) acceptable to port a number to Virgin?

Hi stricko

I am sorry to hear that this has happened, I want to look into this in more detail and find out the issue with the port from Vonage, I am going to send you a private message now.

Thanks Joe_F

0 Kudos
1susan6
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am in the same situation with everything installed and having from the beginning ask virgin  if I could keep my landline number, the answer was yes no problem has turned Into a  nightmare. I have had an engineer out twice and last time he gave me a new number. Very unhappy and will be cancelling my contract as I am furious. 

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

FYI My second call to Customer Services this morning timed out at 52 mins. I called head office, and asked for Complaints. A very helpful lady apologised profusely, looked at my case notes, and tried to contact their number portability team. No answer, so she emailed them, and committed to come back to me by 5pm. I suspect they may have rebooted my service as the internet and TV both dropped out for a few minutes earlier. Still no change on porting though.

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi guys, guess what. Over a week later and no progress. And no call back from the Complaints team either. Just not good enough.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Stricko,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you still haven't had this resolved.

Have you been given a complaints reference number starting with COM ?

Kind reggards

Paul.

0 Kudos
stricko
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ok, credit where credit is due. Rang Complaints at Head Office a few minutes ago. Profuse apologies for a) the ongoing problem, b) the lack of the promised call back.

More importantly, the gentleman I spoke to actually understood the what the problem was. He broke off the call to speak to somewhere else within the business, called me back, and within a couple of minutes, the problem was fixed, and tested, live during the call.

Underlying problem seems to be the clunkiness of the overall number portability model. For it to work, all parties have to understand the process, and do their bit. In this case, Virgin had to circumvent the process and talk to part of BT (Gamma?) to get my number released, odd, but it worked.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi stricko,

Thank you for coming back to me with an update, I am glad to hear this has finally been resolved I apologise for the length of time this has taken.

Please do not hesitate to come back to us if you have any further issues.

Kind regards

Paul.

0 Kudos