cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Intermittent dial tone

tifosi
Joining in

Hi,

I get these weird beeps before my phone actually dials a number. I called 150, and was told this was an intermittent dial tone, and that it just meant that I had a voicemail (and to call 1571). 

I called 1571 and no voicemail was waiting. I finished the initial setup of the voicemail (I'm relatively new to Virgin), and hoped that that would do it, but no, I still have the funny tones before the phone dials the number I've put in.

Any ideas? I've done some searching and I'm not in the Midlands! I see someone else had this issue and someone from Virgin did something in the backend to fix it. Hopefully someone will pick up on this.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tifosi

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with an intermittent dial tone.

I have looked into this for you and some adjustments have been made can you check this now for me and see its its working OK for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

35 REPLIES 35

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tifosi

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing some issues with an intermittent dial tone.

I have looked into this for you and some adjustments have been made can you check this now for me and see its its working OK for you.

Hope to hear from you soon.

Louise

Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

Hi Louise,

That's done the trick - no more funny tone. Thank you very much!!!

Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi tifosi,

Thanks for coming back and letting us know things are resolved now. 

If you have any further issues you know where to find me. 

In the meantime, don't be a stranger around the Community! Feel free to browse through the Boards and jump into a thread if you have any advice or tips that may be of use to others.

Take care,

Louise 

Forum Team

Hello,

I'm having a problem with intermittent dial tone and when I phoned in for help was told to check our receiver, I swapped to an old one but the problem remains.

Please can you help?

Thanks

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Tetx

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm very sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently.

If you dial 1571 from your handset, are there any messages to listen to? If not, have you saved any messages you've previously received? 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Finne
Just joined

Hi

I am also getting an intermittent dial tone. I have voice mail and I have checked messages. This is not the problem. Please let me know what you can do.

A. Davren

Katie_WT
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi there Finne, 

Welcome to the forums and for your first post 🙂 

Some areas will always have an intermittent dial tone when there is a call feature listed on the line. Dial 1765 from your Virgin Media home phone and we’ll tell you which colour area you’re in. if you are in Blue zone, you will always have the tone. 

For any other zone, when you call 1571, are you listening to the end and pressing * to exit? 

Let me know and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

Hello, i am also having a problem clearing an intermittent dial tone. Ive called 1571 and have no messages.

Phone seems to be working ok otherwise

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Thank you for getting in touch aiding,

Have you also dialed 1765 from the landline? 

Can you please also ensure all cables are secure in to the handset and that when dialing 1571, you are exiting the call.

Thanks, 

Nat