Menu
Highlighted
Hastas
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Intermittent dial tone /90% no dial tone

We've had Virginmedia services connected over the weekend . The engineer advised the phone line will be switched in two days from BT but from yesterday there is a 'noisy' dial tone and we cannot make or receive calls. A couple of times, after pressing the call button a few times in succession, I managed to get a dial tone. We have 2 handsets and these have been working fine. I also switched the phone and the same happens.

Does anyone know if this could be because we migrated the same phone number to Virgin Media and whether we need to wait for the number to be fully migrated?

Cheers 

Has

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Intermittent dial tone /90% no dial tone

Hi Hastas

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm really sorry to hear about the problems you've been experiencing with your new Virgin Media service recently. 

I've taken a look at this from our end and I'd like to arrange for a faults engineer to come and take a closer look at this, if you're available? So we can be sure we're getting this resolved ASAP. 

I've sent you information regarding this in a private message, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Hastas
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig 

Thank you . I have replied to your PM . 

Just an update for others , there is a dial tone now - I believe the fault may have been due to migration of the number . I shall monitor until the weekend and update 

Thanks 

0 Kudos
Hastas
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Quick update - we have an engineer booked as there is still no dial tone 

Thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team