Menu
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 11 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Re: In-package call itemisation breakdown

A while ago, I asked for my phone bills to be fully itemised, but I see my itemisation threshold has now changed back to 50p.

Oddly, the summary page lists "Fully itemised bill", under bundle charges.

a) I understood that I would continue to get a FULLY itemised bill.

b) I understood that this would be free.

Please fix it.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 12 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi there AndyInMancheste, 

Thanks for our post - sorry that you're having some billing issues. Itemisation is indeed free and this will also be listed under the "your package" section of your bill. 

When opening your bill via your online account; under usage charges you should see two sections (if you have full itemisation)

• Calls below your itemisation threshold (default - calls below 50p)

• Calls above your itemisation threshold (default - calls above 50p)

You can also press where it says "view details" for a break down: on this page it will advise something along the lines of:

• Calls above £0.50 - or your selected itemisation limit, change itemisation limit

All calls will be listed here; are there any that are indeed under 50p? If so, then you have full itemisation listed Smiley Happy 

Let me know how you get on from and we'll go from there. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Highlighted
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 13 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katy,

As I said, I want a FULLY itemised bill - not one that shows calls about a threshold of 50p.  Please read what I said again, and please read back a few posts, to where I originally asked for that.

In other words, I asked for a threshold of 0p - or 1p, as you prefer.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Indeed, I do understand that AndyInMancheste, 

I believe it may be the wording on the bill that is causing the confusion; I am sorry.

Have you been able to check your online bill for the sections I have outlined in my initial reply? 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 15 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I understand how to see my itemised bill, and I'd been looking at that before I made the post above, yesterday.

Possibly the wording of my bill is wrong, not just confusing.

I've attached a screenshot, of part of the summary page, for my last bill.

You'll notice, under Your Package / Bundle Charges, it includes the words "Fully Itemised Billing", with a tick / check
mark, indicating to me that I get that, and I am charged for it - since it's listed under charges.  Possibly that part is just confusing, if I'm actually not charged for that.

It then goes on give the total for calls below my threshold - of 50p (none).

Then, it gives the total for calls above my threshold - again, it says that's 50p.

- that's not consistent with me getting a fully itemised bill, if I still am, so if I am, that part is wrong, not just confusing - the threshold should be 1p, or less, if that's the case.

The itemised bill page, reached by pressing "View details" lists all the calls I made for the last month - both of them; there were only two.  The costs it gives are ex VAT, but it wasn't made clear whether the threshold was also ex VAT.  One was 66p ex VAT, the other was 42p ex VAT.

42p + VAT at 20% is more than 50p, so that's not conclusive, at least not without knowing more.

If my threshold really is 0p, or 1p, or similar, then yes, your summary pages show the wrong threshold - they show 50p.  If so, someone should fix that.  If not, please correct my threshold so that all calls get itemised. 

As my bill is

a) only ever seen on my monitor, not printed on paper

and

b) always a very small list,

it is not going to cost Virgin any extra money to list all of them.

It seems to me, having a threshold for e-billing makes no sense, as I've mentioned before.  It makes perfect sense when it means printing extra sheets of paper to post to people, but none at all, when they're only going to read it on their PC, or similar.

Virgin bill - Feb.gif

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for explaining. 

It's all working fine from what you've shown us, sorry if this is causing you any confusion. 

If you want to discuss it further did you know you can text our cable team on 07533051809 – free for Virgin Media customers. We’re open 8am-7pm Monday - Friday.

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 17 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,

It shows a threshold for itemising my bill  - of 50p.

That's not consistent with me getting a fully itemised bill, so that page is wrong and should be fixed.  That's a bug.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 18 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Andy,

If you text the number above, we can request the lower itemisation for you.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 19 of 30
Flag for a moderator

I don't use a mobile phone, John.

This was originally dealt with through your forum, so why not this time?

Have you read what I wrote, properly?

Is my bill not fully itemised any more, or is your bill summary page broken?  I don't see any other possibilities. 

Perhaps someone could answer that properly.  I feel I'm just being brushed off, by people skimming what I took the time to write, without bothering to try to understand it fully.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) John_GS
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 20 of 30
Flag for a moderator

It's not broken Andy,

It's just that is what your itemisation is currently set too. If you wish to change it, please send the request to us for future bills.

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos