Menu
pgn
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 30
Flag for a moderator

In-package call itemisation breakdown

Is there any way to get fully-itemised billing on the phone portion of the monthly bill?

This is the norm for other voice service providers, land-line & mobile.
Thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: In-package call itemisation breakdown

Hi pgn

Welcome to the Community, the default limit for itemised calls is 50p, so you'll only see calls that cost more than that on your standard bill.

I'd recommend calling our customer service team to request that is changed for you if you requesting a fully itemised bill moving forward. You can call them on 150 from any Virgin line or 0345 454 1111 from any other.

I hope this helps

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

pgn
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Seems odd that calls in the package cannot be itemised - does Virgin not keep records of calls made to or from one of their landlines?

Thanks for the pointer to 150, seems to be the way a lot of Virgin Media stuff is managed, based on my first couple of weeks as a Virgin Broadband and Phone customer.

0 Kudos
pgn
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

I just called Virgin on 150, there are a couple of ways itemised billing can be achieved:

1. For customers on e-billing (or e-mail billing), taking the call threshold down to 0.1p from the default 50p will effectively show call details for the calls made, at no additional cost, or

2. For customers on paper billing, for £1.75 per bill, a fully-itemised paper bill can be sent.

In both cases, the itemisation only shows for calls made *after* the date that "itemised billing" was requested, as far as I understand it.

I am not 100% clear if the options above only result in calls outside the 1000mins per month Multi Talk 1000 and Talk More Anytime call bundles being itemised, I guess with my first bill due to be generated on 09-Mar, I will find out.

It's an adventure... Smiley Very Happy

Superuser
Superuser
Message 5 of 30
Flag for a moderator

VM do not itemise calls that are not chargeable on your package or calls to freephone numbers.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 6 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Same question - I want fully itemised billing.

I use e-billing, so I don't see why that should be something I need to ring a call centre for, since it costs nothing.  Further more, I don't want to have to.  I expected to be able to change this on my Virgin account details.

I make very few phone calls, and the majority fall below the 50p threshold, so my bill is only ever just an unexplained total.

How do I get this changed, without having to ring a call centre, and suffer torture by hold music?

AndyInMancheste
Dialled in
Message 7 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Still asking the same question.

Not exactly urgent, but it would be nice to feel Virgin were going to answer, eventually.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 8 of 30
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi AndyInMancheste,

Thank you for taking the time to post in the Community.

I'm sorry for the delayed reply to your post, we can add itemisation to all future bills for all numbers except for numbers that are free to call. These will not show as there is no charge to itemise.

If you would like previous bills itemised there would be a charge of £2 per bill for this.

If you would like me to add the itemisation to all future bills for you I will need to confirm some information with you first.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

pgn
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi Louise,

And please can all my future phone bills be itemised on the package I am on too?

Thanks!
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 10 of 30
Flag for a moderator

Hi pgn,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting.

I'm sorry for the delayed reply to your post, we can add itemisation to all future bills for all numbers except for numbers that are free to call. These will not show as there is no charge to itemise.

If you would like previous bills itemised there would be a charge of £2 per bill for this.

If you would like me to add the itemisation to all future bills for you I will need to confirm some information with you first.

I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.
Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"