cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

I want to change my landline phone number.

VJH123
Joining in

I would like to change my landline phone number. Please could you tell me how I go about doing this. 

17 REPLIES 17

Tom_S
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VJH123 welcome to our community forums.

Are you able to advise the reason you're looking to change your landline number?

Our customer service agents have the ability to process a landline number change, the change takes 24 hours to complete.

Thanks,

Tom_S

I am unable to answer calls on my landline and haven't been able to for a long time due to someone having my number that I do not  want to speak to. Messages get left sometimes. This person always calls from an unknown number so even if I had caller ID it would make no difference. I would also like to be ex-directory so my number can not be found publicly.

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi VJH123,

Thank you for getting in touch and welcome to the Community! 

I am very sorry to hear you have been receiving unwanted calls which has now lead to you needing to change your number.  

Due to the nature of your concerns, I am going to pop you over a private message to grab a few more details and get this sorted for you. 

The private message will appear in the purple envelope on the top right of the web page. 

Thanks

Nat

Reason I need change my number is for whatever reason 2 people in my family can no longer receive calls from this number.

Also despite using a block service several firms still being a nuisence

I have the same problem

Hi Maddforit, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

We can certainly help with changing your landline number from here, we'll just need to pop you a personal message. 

I'll do this now and I look forward to hearing back from you soon. 

Emma_C - Forum Team

Hi,

I got a new package at home and requested my phone number stay the same but for some reason it was still changed and now the hospital and family is unable to reach my mum.

This needs to be changed back urgently please.

Best Regards

Hello Nipsey60

Thanks for taking the time to raise your landline query via the forums and welcome to the community!

Can you confirm if this is a new account you have set up with us or a package change to an existing account? If it is a package change to an existing account your landline shouldn't have changed unless you requested it.

If this is a new account, can you confirm if the number transfer was discussed from your previous provider during the call? If it was then we will request that number to be transferred over. If not, we may still be able to arrange this if the number is still active. You can check this by calling the number.

Rob

Hi Rob,

I requested that it was the same account but that is be taking it over from my mum but it may have been setup as a new account although we were already with Virgin.

The number would like it reverted back too is [DELETED]

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]