Menu
Highlighted
Emmamme
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

How to order a second phone line

How can I order a new telephone line please and how much does it cost?

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: How to order a second phone line

Hi Emmamme,

Welcome to the community.

I'd recommend speaking with our customer care team so they can discuss prices with you.

You can reach the team on 150 from a Virgin Media landline or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and they'll be happy to help.

Kind regards

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Emmamme
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Just to point out.

Second phone lines will be dependant on capacity being available in the cabinet.

There is no discounting available for second lines. You pay the full price for everything through from the Line Rental to the tariff you choose.

There are several other providers out there offering Landline only deals far cheaper than Virgin.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

0 Kudos
Emmamme
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you so much for this - it is super useful. If I wasn't tied into a contract I would move in a heartbeat. I still think though that I might be better off with my landline through another company so I shall go and do a comparison now. 

0 Kudos
Emmamme
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You were so right! I used live chat with Virgin where I was told categorically that Virgin would not come and fit a new line and there was no way this could be changed. I said that I was happy to pay whatever the costs but was told that it was impossible to have a second line fitted as I already have one line. I took your advice and checked other providers...

I now have a post office line that will be fitted later this month for £20 installation of a new line with free calls and £15 a month line rental for 12 months. I can then reassess what to do when the rest of my Virgin contract runs out. I have saved a fortune and now, I will happily have a phone line that works. I can't tell you how grateful I am as it didn't cross my mind to try other providers. Thank you so much.

0 Kudos