Menu
Highlighted
jdearden
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

How do I get a list of ALL calls made on my virgin phone?

After wading through all the menus to get to speak to somebody on the 150 number, I was told there is no way of getting a list of call made on my account that aren't chargeable.

I do not believe that any telecoms provider would be allowed operate if it didn't keep a history of calls made on there service, so why is virgin media refusing to provide me, the account holder, this detail?

Does anybody know how to get, what I thought was a reasonable question answered?

Is there a easy way to get past the inept first line call handlers?

J

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: How do I get a list of ALL calls made on my virgin phone?

There are very few if any providers that now show inclusive calls on your bills. You are not being billed for them so any reason to show them no longer exists.

That is where it gets more complicated. Under the current Data Protection rules telecom providers cannot just release the information. The customer has to make a specific request, known a Subject Access Request.

Details of what you need to do are linked below:

https://ico.org.uk/your-data-matters/your-right-of-access/

I know the above is convoluted & seems over the top, but this is now a requirement of the legislation in force & something that is designed to stop data getting into the wrong hands.

su1718.jpgCable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi jdearden, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid we're not able to provide call records for any calls that are not chargeable. 

There is only one exception to this and that's if you require itemised billing for use in Court.

If this is the case, on production of a Court Notice, the Police Liaison Unit will produce and witness itemised billing at a charge of £10 for each month/part month of billing requested.

Hope that helps. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Wishing you a very Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Jimbo222
Just joined
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi, I require an itemised bill for an 03 number which is free under my package. I need this for a civil court case to prove the times of my calls in order to satisfy the judge. I have been told that this is not possible due to np charge being made. However on reading this post it seems to be possible. It therefore follws that if these calls can be produced for a court then they must be available. I await your response.

0 Kudos