Menu
Highlighted
FastMacK
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Home Voicemail Not Picking Up

Hi,

My landline voicemail is not kicking in and picking up calls while we are out. I’ve rung the line from my mobile with no problem but the call just rings out and voicemail does not pick it up. 

I’ve called 1571 and the mailbox is there but for some reason it’s not answering the line. 

Am I missing a step in setting it up?

Thanks! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Home Voicemail Not Picking Up

Hi FastMack

Welcome to the Virgin Media Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently.

I'd like to check this from our end for you, so I can do that could you respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information? You can view the message by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FastMacK
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

its been over a month since our last PM and my voicemail on the house phone still isn’t working. 

I tried to send a PM to you but I got a message saying I can’t send any more PMs at the moment. I’ve not tried to use this feature for a month too so not sure how I could have used any allowance.

Who do I turn to to make a formal complaint on the phone service? This has now been an issue now since July and I’m getting knowhere.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Morning FastMacK, 

Very sorry to understand that you are still having some issues with your Voicemail service after we checked it for you last month. 

What happens when you dial 1571 - are you getting the voicemail box ok along with any options? The first time you dial, you’ll hear a short message telling you how to use it. As soon as you log in after this initial log in, the voicemail system tells you which keys to press to manage your mailbox. If you don’t have any messages, you won’t hear these.

Do you have your own answering machine built into your handset at all? 

I'll also go ahead and do some further internal checks from this end if you could pop me a reply when you can and we'll go from there. 

Thanks

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
FastMacK
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

I did the 1571 setup and do get the system now when I call it. However the system does not pick up calls when we’re out. The line just rings out. 

Thanks,

John. 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Cheers for the reply FastMacK. 

I have popped you a PM - check for the purple envelope Smiley Happy 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

0 Kudos