Menu
fgroves
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hold Policy poor service

Hi guys,

I've currently been on hold for 35 minutes after requesting to speak to a supervisor.  The adviser on the phone said she was putting me on a silent hold which tells me I am on mute.  Is this the what Virgin Media/Mobile define as Best Practice  I was very polite when speaking to the young lady as I used to be a call center manager and understand that the person I was speaking to was not responsible for the issue I am facing.  Anyway I digress,  I called up because I lost a handset and wanted to claim on my insurance.  I have now been told I have to wait 5 days because of an error made by a member of the Virgin Sales team.  I am genuinely not impressed with the level of service I have received today after paying 2 mobile contracts with Virgin for over 4 years. Oh and 45 mins now as I post this request for delivery of the service I have been paying for.

Kind Regards

Fabian

Forum Team (Retired) Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Hold Policy poor service

Hi Fabian

Welcome to the Community, I'm really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently.

Keeping you on hold for that long certainly isn't the service we aim to provide so I'm very sorry to hear that we've let you down in this area. 

We'll be here should you need any assistance or support with your services moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
fgroves
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Craig,

thanks for your response, Whilst I'm very happy with my home entertainment package. The service I have recieved this week has made me not want to continue my mobile services. I have 2 mobile contracts both with Virgin Protect, which I thought was a sensible choice.  When I attempted to claim for a lost handset I was informed of an error in which the sales team had insured my old handset. I've now being advised it takes 5 days to correct this mistake before I can even begin the claims process.  As I have already begun this saga I intend to see it through. Ironically my other phone has developed a screen fault but after entering into one saga I have no intention of beginning another so have just purchased an upgraded handset from elsewhere. I don't intend to cancel my contracts just yet because I have little faith in the admin team not too make an error. Just after several years paying for services I was very disappointed in the fact that no one seemed to want to take ownership of my issue. When requesting to speak to a manager I received an audiable sigh which didn't really make  me feel like a valued customer despite speaking calmly and politely to the young lady I spoke to on my first call. 

I am happy to pay for good service and convenience. On this occasion I do not feel I have recieved either. This is why I would rather pay more money to replace my faulty or lost handsets. I'm really disappointed and this is not a service I'd recommend to anyone.  

Kind regards

Fabian. 

Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Fabian.,

Thank you for taking the time to post back in the Community about this.

I'm really sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your service recently with trying to get through to us and sorting your Mobile out.

The service you have experienced does not sound the greatest and I would personally like to raise a case on your account to show this poor experience and this will be logged with Offcom.

If you would like me to take this extra step for you I will need to pass Data Protection with you. I have sent you a private message. Just click on the little plum envelope at the top right hand side of the page to access your inbox.

Speak soon,

Louise

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Alexander1985
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

It seems customer service is an issue that Virgin Media do not have a good grasp of I'm afraid, I'm currently still sat on hold as I type this.... current call time is 1 hour 18 mins. 

I've rang every day since Thursday, only to be told different information (lies) every single time, so this time I'm not letting it go, and despite being passed from pillar to post, I will not hang this call up until I speak to an actual manager and get this resolved.

Genuinely shocked and appealed at this process.and service