Menu
three-kings
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ex Directory, Phone Book Listing

A few months ago I noticed my details were published in the local BT Phone book. I contacted you (VM) and asked you to remove my details, to ensure my info is Ex-Directory as I do not want it published in the public domain.

Much to my surprise, I have discovered my details are still being displayed!? Including my address, full landline number which are being promptly displayed on the BT Phone Book website, under the Residential section..... I can’t stress this enough, I don’t want my details published. I’m receiving far too many unsolicited and unwanted anonymous calls and scams.

Also as a VM customer, I'm confused as to why my details are included in a BT Phone Book and listings in the first instance?

How do I go about ensuring my details are permanently removed and no longer printed or included online, please advise. Thank you.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Ex Directory, Phone Book Listing

Hi three-kings,

Welcome to the Community Forum, thank you for your post. I'm sorry to hear that your details are still showing in the Directory after requesting to change to Ex-Directory with us.

I can look into this further for you, but will need to take more details from you. I'll send you a private message requesting further details. Just check the purple envelope at the top right of this page.

Kind regards,

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi three-kings,

I'm checking back with you about the issue you reported with your Directory listing, as I haven't received a response from you yet.

If you are still having problems with your phone line and would like for me to sort this out for you, please respond to the pm I sent with the requested information.

Many thanks,

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Anthony23
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hello, 

I am having the same problem.  I have contacted BT and they say only VM can delete the entry (in the BT Phone Directory) which I think is very old but I have only just noticed.  Also the same problem with 123.com.  I am not identifiable via the Voting Register. 

I had a very helpful conversation this morning with the VM help desk and they suggested I write to HQ if BT were unhelpful but I think there must be a more streamlined way of dealing with this type of request.  It must be increasingly common and worrying for customers. 

Many thanks for you anticipated help.

0 Kudos
Claire-Spencer
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Please could someone contact me to remove my home telephone number from the BT Phone Book listing.

Thank-you.

0 Kudos
MrHalfAsleep
Well-informed
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have a look at this: https://community.bt.com/t5/Landline/Removing-phone-number-from-public-listing/td-p/155699

--
The only winning move is not to play.
No system is 100% secure
Ridicule is nothing to be scared of - Adam Ant
The only thing constant - is change. Chris Evans
The internet is a series of tubes
0 Kudos
Claire-Spencer
Joining in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I thought this had to be done by VM as they are my telephone provider?

0 Kudos
Claire-Spencer
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Online conversation with BT:

Umair Ahmad Mujtaba: Thank you for waiting, you have to contact Virgin media, and ask them to add Ex-Directory for you.
Umair Ahmad Mujtaba: From the next printing, your number will be deleted.

0 Kudos