Menu
glsammy
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Dead phone line

My landline phone is dead, with no dial tone. I reported this yesterday calling from a mobile (which cost me over £4.00) I was promised the line would be working again by 10:30. It's not. Exactly the same. Your online chat service is also not working. What's going on there?? Why don't you make it easier to get help when these type of problems arise?  

0 Kudos
BobsterF
Joining in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Dead phone line

I have the same fault symptoms as you, my line is dead. I also experienced the same issues getting assistance for my problem, which I am told will arrive next week, hopefully. At the risk of sounding like a conspiracy theorist I am beginning to believe the £4.00 you paid for your call is one of the leading reasons VM make it difficult to obtain online support. I cannot help with your problem but it does appear that we are not alone in our disappointment and dissatisfaction with VM's customer service systems.
0 Kudos
glsammy
Joining in
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I saw you earlier post. That's why I posted mine. I also ran their test software which stopped at 99%. I've heard nothing official from them since the phone call I made yesterday, there's not a chance I'm wasting another £4 just to get some service.It would be nice to at least get some acknowledgement that they are looking at this problem. It's obviously not the problem I was original told about as they said that would be sorted by 10:30.  

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Rose_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi glsammy,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your line.

I have checked your line and I can confirm that there are still issues in the area which should be resolved soon.

You can keep up to date with faults and fix times on our service status checker here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused during this loss of service.

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BobsterF
Joining in
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I am sorry to hear you are no further forward with your problem. I received an email confirming I had booked an engineer but it did not actually contain the specifics of the date and time he was due to arrive, was this to allow VM plausible deniability if he doesn't show up? I would like to think that if enough of us complain then something will change, the fact you posted your grievance because I posted mine bodes well, however usually large companies need their customer base to flee en masse before they notice, much like energy providers SSE are experiencing at the moment. They say this is a free market but it is very limited in actuality. I can have my car serviced at any number of garages in a 5 mile radius but there are only a handful of companies who can provide my phone service and they all need to make use of BT's exchanges. I hope your problem is remedied sooner rather than later.
0 Kudos
glsammy
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

A reply! Thank you. As for your fault checker, it simply doesn't work. It gets to 99% and then fails.As I've had this problem for over 24 hours now, how come the service status says there are no problems??

@Rose_B wrote:

Hi glsammy,

Thanks for posting and I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing problems with your line.

I have checked your line and I can confirm that there are still issues in the area which should be resolved soon.

You can keep up to date with faults and fix times on our service status checker here.

Apologies for any inconvenience caused during this loss of service.

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi glsammy,

Thanks for your reply.

I have looked into this for you and our engineers are still working to resolve this fault.

Apologies again for the loss of service and once I have further information regarding this I'll be back in touch.

Speak soon

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
karriewill
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

hiya,

we're having the same problem as you - several times over the last few weeks. People can't ring us (unobtainable). We can't ring out (no dialling tone). Service status is no known problems, service test either fails to run or tells us everyting is ok. On-line chat is not running, despite this being office hours. We have no mobile reception in the house, so fortunately can't run up the same big bill that you and others have. Rosy at the forum desk seems to be busy.

We're in LE11.

Good luck. I'm saving for a freeview aerial so that I can switch all my services.

k

0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi karriewill,

Just to let you know I have replied to your post here.

Thanks

Rose
Forum Team

0 Kudos
glsammy
Joining in
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Phone line is back working this evening. 

0 Kudos