Menu
plhbillon
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Crackling Land Line

Despite having reported the issue several times and the visit of an engineer, the crackling of the telephone line is persistant.

What is the answer? Move to another provider?

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Crackling Land Line

Hi

Have you tried asking if you can get your phone service run over your broadband?

Virgin’s Voip based phone service is available to some areas so might be worth asking for, this means no more crackly phone lines! 

If not I would try reporting the fault again by calling 150 from your faulty Virgin phone so they can hear the noise for themselves or call 03454541111, no inclusive minutes? Then call 08001831234 and select option 4 then option 2 and you will be put through to customer service and faults.

Hope you get it sorted! 

0 Kudos
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi plhbillon, 

Thanks for posting. I'm really sorry you have had a consistent crackling on the line despite having an engineer out to sort things.

What did the engineer advise when they came to fix it? Have you tried a different landline in the socket? Was the socket replaced?

Let me know and we can work towards getting this sorted. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Moderator

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
plhbillon
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for the reply.

An engineer did come and changed the hub connector to the telephone line.

He assured me that Virgin was working on it as it is currently experiencing problems with the telephone lines; neighbours had also complained about it.

I did try another phone on the same line but to no avail.

To this day crackling is still "on line"....

0 Kudos