Menu
holjena
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Compensation???

Our telephone line stopped working on the 29 December, I called for help and was told the earliest an Engineer could come out was today the 5 January. A lovely Engineer came out told us it was problem in the box down the road and fixed it so line is now working. 

I phoned Virgin and spent over half an hour mainly on hold to someone overseas on a very bad line who eventually told me I was due £1.00 compensation. I pay for line rental up front £196.00 for the year surely I am at least entitled to the week line rental back?

I am not a happy bunny, and feeling even worse after the over half an hour conversation, has anyone else been in the same situation.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Compensation???

Hi holjena

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry for the problems you've been experiencing with your telephone service recently.

We don't expect you to pay for a service you're not getting and when it comes time to credit you for any services you've been without we run the dates through the credit calculator instead of working out our own amounts. With this in mind, it;s likely that the amount you've been offered is correct, unless the agent made a mistake with the dates entered.

We'll be here should there be anything we can assist with moving forward.

Take care

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
holjena
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Just logically - if I pay £196.00 for a year line rental - that works out at 0.5369 a day - I was without a phone which was not my fault for 7 days - so I should at least get the line rental I paid for those 7 days back - which is £3.76 - this is not compensation just a service which I paid for that I did not have. To be offered 2 days is not satisfactory. 

If you went and paid for a cake which you are not given the the assistant only gave you 2/7 back you would complain.

Does this have to go to the ombudsman for the sake of a few pounds!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi holjena

Thanks for the response, in most cases our customers take out a bundle which applies a discount to the line rental paid. 

I'm not saying that the agent you spoke to was correct, I'm just giving you an explanation and example for a potential situation. 

If you'd like me to take a closer look, respond to the private message I've sent with the requested information and I'll take a closer look for you right away. 

Talk soon

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Holjena

I'm checking in as I've not received a response to my last message, if you could take a look? 

Look forward to hearing from you

Craig

0 Kudos
holjena
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To be honest I don't care anymore - more time is more valuable than arguing over a few pounds. I give up.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back to me holjena

I've sent you information regarding your complaint in a private message, which you can view the same as last time, by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page.

Talk soon

Craig

0 Kudos