Menu
Highlighted
szmicheller
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Cheapest deal advice for my elderly mother please

I am trying to deal with my mothers telephone account. She pays £77 per month just for landline and broadband, although she doesn't own a computer. My father used to use one but he passed away last April 2018. We do not know my fathers pass words or log in details. £77 a month seems very excessive. I am looking to get a new package for less than half of whats being paid to include unlimited calls anytime and a boost package to allow my mother to make the odd international call. She is not interested in Virgin media or mobile. My mother is quite elderly and gets confused with all this stuff plus her English isn't very good. Please could you help.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Cheapest deal advice for my elderly mother please

Talk more anytime phone only is £27 per month, no international calls though

Talk more international anytime is £35 per month, I think calls are only free for the 1st hour then you have to hang up and redial or you get charged

0 Kudos
szmicheller
Joining in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thank you dannylau. How do I get a rep from Virgin to contact me so we can organise the change. I would be interested in the second option for my mother plus I need to know if my mother has overpaid over the months and if in fact she is owed any money back.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

you can either wait here for someone from virgin or give them a ring

0 Kudos
szmicheller
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'll wait here for a while... The phone number I have isn't much use without knowing my fathers login details.
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi szmicheller, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you've not had help from the teams on the phone when getting in touch about your mother's Virgin Media services.

I'll send a PM shortly to confirm some details & willlook forward to your reply so we can get this resolved.

Tom_F

0 Kudos
szmicheller
Joining in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I received a private email but could not reply to it. Then I tried to get back on this forum to post but it kept coming up with 'Unexpected Error'. This is so frustrating. I don't want to post my phone number on a public forum. Four and a half hours now and still no further forward!
0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

forum crashed, try again it should be working

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi szmicheller,

I can give this a try for you. What I would have to state is that if the account is in your Father's name this would need to go to our bereavements team to change the account into your Mother's name - they can be contacted on 0800 952 2302

If the account is in your Mother's name, I will only be able to run third party data protection with you over the forum which would consist of taking 3 characters of the memorable word on the account. It might be, in this case, worth calling into our centre with your Mother present and therefore we would be able to run secondary data protection

If you want me to take a closer look I'm happy where I can

David_Bn

0 Kudos