Menu
markyp999
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Changing landline number after move

I moved house yesterday to move in with my partner.  My partner already had Virgin Media at her address so we closed that account and transferred my account over to the new address.

The one thing we did want to keep from my partner's old account was her phone number.  When I enquired pre-move about doing this I was told that I would need to get in touch with Virgin once I had moved in to see if her old phone number could be allocated to my account.

There aren't any obvious menu options on the phone and the one web chat I've had was with tech support who said they couldn't help.  Is there a better way to try to get this looked into?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Changing landline number after move

If her old number was originally a Virgin number there will be no problems with this. If however, the number was ported to Virgin from another provider (such as BT), Virgin has to give up the lease as it cannot be transferred to another user under the porting agreement.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos