cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Ask your solicitor to write to them citing harassment and warning them to cease forthwith or they will be injuncted.

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@Sephiroth wrote:

Ask your solicitor to write to them citing harassment and warning them to cease forthwith or they will be injuncted.

They don't like it up 'em Captain Mainwaring, they don't like that cold injunction up 'em you know.   When I was in the Sudan serving with Lord Kitchener .............

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

Received a letter from VM saying that it will take up to 60 days to purge my wife's phone number from their system.  I believe that this is not legal.  Firstly the phone number was given to facilitate an engineers call, under the Data Protection Act, data can only be used for the purpose it was given, in this case for an engineers visit, not sales calls.  I think that 60 days is not reasonable, what sort of database are they using?  We are blocking the numbers they use, but they are changing the numbers to get through, which I think is harassment. I called VM using the numbrevthatbthey gave me, they said the wait would be no more than 30 seconds, but it was over 3 minutes.  i asked the advisor for is security details and phone number but unsurprisingly he was not paid to give it. Not so stupid these people and like us VM customers who are expected to provide this information in response to unsolicited phone call.   I believe that VM are in breach of the data protection act firstly because they are using personal data not for the purpose that it was given secondly that they are taking too long to update their records. Therefore I have today raised a complaint with the information Commissioners office against VM for breaches of the data protection act 

I would contact Communications and Internet Services Adjudication Scheme (CISAS) just for good messure.

nothappy100
Tuning in
I would like you to stop calling my mobile (which is not a Virgin mobile and I do not want it to be). You should improve your customer service by allowing people to ring back on the 0800 number to say they don't want any more calls. I can't ring your 0345 number and get to speak to a customer service person as there is nothing on the menus that seems relevant and I don't even have the password so can't give any digits from it. Check my status - your site tells me every time that I am not a main account holder - so why ring my mobile? Ridiculous - don't ring people unless you give them a free, easy way of asking you to stop Diana Bruce

You should not be ringing people without there being a free and convenient way of your customers asking you to stop. Why ring me anyway? I am not main account holder - which your website tells me every time I'm there. I don't have the password to get through the many menus on your 0345 number - can't you add an option to the first one "stop ringing me on this number"? This is not customer service - it is harassment so that is why my username is not happy100 (earlier numbers were already taken - surprise!)

Stop ringing me. I can't get through on 0345 as i don't have the password - as I'm not even a main account holder so there is no point in ringing to offer me upgrades. Not surprised nothappy is common username 3rd time of posting - despite 2 emails telling me my email has been verified

Why don't you simply block the number in your mobile?

********* SuperHub 2ac - Asus rt-ac68u Router - Vivid 100Mbps **********

Electron

They change the number that they call from to continue the harrassment.

I am receiving calls from India on this number trying to sell me services which I already have elsewhere. I have ring 150 and after spending ten minutes trying to navigate through an extremely complicated menu have not been able to locate where I can register to stop receiving these calls. I have also spent some considerable time on my Virgin Media account page trying to locate, unsuccessfully, how to have myself removed from marketing calls. The great service I receive from Virgin Media is ruined by it's attitude to customer communication/contact which can best be summed up by the pseudo Latin phrase Nonnus Tossus.