cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Always being harrassed by this number.

Reinforced my decision to leave this shoddy service.

Can you block marketing calls for my account too please. I have asked before yet I still receive ones from Virgin media trying to sell me products - I have even cancelled my service yet the calls persist 😞

I get repeated calls where the line goes dead, except for once when someone didn't hang up, then they were asking me for personal details... It is basically harassment (I knew it wasn't a Nigerian scam offering me a % cut of a multi million pound bank transfer because these are usually emailed).

It is disreputable that the high-ups, who would hate to receive such calls themselves, are still prepared to pester customers in this manner..

Seph - ( DEFROCKED - My advice is at your risk)

@Craig_D wrote:

Hi Andrewh_85

Welcome to the Community, I'm sorry to hear that you're receiving these unwanted calls recently.

I've located your account and updated your marketing preferences so our team will stop contacting you, this can take around 6 weeks to take a full effect so apologies if you receive calls in that time.

I hope this helps

Craig

Send VM a DPA Section 11 Notice, http://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1998/29/section/11 

According to the ico https://ico.org.uk/for-organisations/guide-to-data-protection/principle-6-rights/preventing-direct-m...

However, we expect that in normal circumstances electronic communications should stop within 28 days of receiving the notice, and postal communications should stop within two months.

It's What I Do.
I Drink and I
Remember Things.

Only mark a post as helpful if your issue has been resolved.

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @IAmZeus

Thanks for getting in touch, I've sent you a private message with information regarding your request, which you can view by clicking the envelope on the top right of this page. 

Apologies for the inconvenience the calls are causing, we'll talk soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Can you update my marketing preferences also, i renewed my contract with virgin a week or two ago and this seems to have unleashed a barrage of nuisance calls from virgin ever since. I received 3 calls yesterday alone, the last of which was at 8:45pm waking my 2 year old up. I am registered with the TPS but that doesn't seem to do too much, please can you add me to whatever "don't call" lists exist ASAP.

Thanks for your assistance.

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Flamula

I've also sent you a private message with information regarding your request, which you can view by clicking that envelope on the top right of this page.

I'm sorry that you've experienced so many calls not long after renewing your contract, we'll speak soon.

Craig

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Craig_D
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi flamula

I've updated your account, it can take a very maximum of 6 weeks for this to take full effect, so if you receive any contact within that time then please accept my apologies in advance. 

We'll be here if you need any assistance with your service moving forward. 

Take care

Craig

thanks very much Craig.

A few days ago I gave 30 days notice to end my contract. I have been receiving calls from this number since then but when I answer there is no one there. I am not sure why this is happening.