cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Calls from 0800 408 9340

Paul001
Superfast

Hi,

Had 3 calls in the last 5 days from 0800 408 9340 all claiming to be from VM offering me more packages for the landline.

Are these from VM or just a scam? 

Thanks

141 REPLIES 141

Kaz_A
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Noswaith Dda WelshDragon1

Croeso and thanks for joining us on the forums. I am sorry to hear that the nusiance calls are causing you any inconvenience 😞

To opt out of calls from us, if you contact our teams if we have your details for contact purposes and you would like us to opt you out of any marketing calls that we provide to you, then we can opt you out of these and this take up to 6 weeks to update with us. You can arrange this via our contact centres on the phone via 150 or 0345 454 1111. Alternatively our Webchat teams can also opt you out of these calls too.

Just keep us posted on how this goes and hopefully we will revert back to that well known Latin phrase of

'Virgo media petras' 😄

Diolch!

Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

James can you please give details of who we can email and text - I am not wasting my time calling 150 as last time I did I spent an age getting someone to listen, I also have a hearing problem so find phone challenging.

I just want these cold calls stopped.

Rocky

I have now written to VM, twice on this subject and they have replied, albeit slowly.  The first letter was a holding response and the second was a stock reply stating that it can take 60 days to remove my wife's phone number from their marketing database.  I have now spoken to a Customer Service rep, using the number they gave me, he gave me the same response. I asked for my complaint to be escalated and finally had a telephone conversation with a senior customer service person.  He understood the problem, but stuck by the 60 days nonsense. I have now formally raised a complaint with the Information Commisionners Office, as the data we gave, my wife phone number was not given for marketing purposes and therefore I believe they are not acting in accordance with the Data Protection Act. I also believe that 60 days is not reasonable to remove data .  I find it difficult to communicate with VM, you can't get through on their phone lines and they have no email address, so I write to them, amazing that a company that sell communications services doesn't do email!  However that costs me in time and effort, which I find inconvient, so I inform them in writing that I will only accept responses in writing, this puts VM to additional effort, after all if I have had to go to the extra effort why shouldn't they and I have a record of their response. VM need to realise that they are alienating their customers by these unwanted marketing calls.  They can send me all the junk mail they want, just don't phone me and ask for my password, they must be mad if they think I am going to give them that is response to an unsolicited phone call.  VM wake up!  

I would contact CISAS, if you complainted morethan 8 weeks ago. Or ask for a deadlock letter from VM.

https://www.cedr.com/cisas/

It should be default communication preferance "OPT OUT" Virgin Media.

mfldavsion
On our wavelength

Thanks I have already looked st this, but if you look at their guidelines phone calls are excluded from their remit. 

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi RockyGrove,

Thanks for your post. I'm sorry to hear you are getting unwanted sales calls from us. 

I can arrange to have your marketing preferences changed. This will remove you from our database for sales calls and also unwanted addressed mail.

I'll send you a private message requesting further details for this. Just check the envelope icon at the top right of this page.

Kind Regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Terri_P
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi mfldavsion,

Thank you for your post on the Community Forum. I'm sorry to hear that your wife has been receiving unwanted marketing calls from our Sales Team. 

I have checked on this for you and can verify that the marketing options have been removed from your account and can also see that you have spoken directly to our Complaints Team about this.

It's true, we don't provide a contact email address. This is because we have found that we can better support our customers via the available options by phone, Online Chat, writing in by post, or contacting us on this Community Forum, Facebook or Twitter. We apologise if all of these means of contacting us are not convenient for you.

Kind regards,

Terri

Virgin Media Forum Team

Running out of data? Check out our top Mobile data tips

Waylander
Tuning in

12 calls in the last 4 days. This isn't marketing, its harassment. How many failed or rejected calls does it take for your system to remove a number automatically? 

Opting out seems to make no difference. I'm still getting calls 1 year later.

Terri

have you ever tried to make a phone call to customer services?  Obviously you haven't, because you would know that can't get through.  The second issue is that none of the phone options have anything that relates to getting marketing calls removed, although I did think of using the one that says I am thinking of leaving VM.  Look at the number of people who are complaining about these calls for everyone that write you are alienating another 100 who don't bother.      

calls, for every one who