Menu
canalboat
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Caller Display charges

Hi, do Virgin Media still charge for Caller Display.

TheReloaded
Tuning in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Caller Display charges

Hello there! I know it is not very clear if Caller Display is chargeable. However, Caller Display is free now due to Ofcom rulings which bans companies from charging their customers for Caller Display.

canalboat
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for the confirmation. I was paying £2.25 in 2016 and have never had this charge removed from my account. Thinks I will give VM a ring for clarification.
0 Kudos
TheReloaded
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Did they remove the charge?

0 Kudos
canalboat
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, they say I am not paying for caller display now but it does not appear as a refund and It is not detailed on my bills since September 2018. I feel I am entitled to a refund at least until March this year when I changed my package as they will say it was not charged for since then.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@canalboat wrote:

Hi, they say I am not paying for caller display now but it does not appear as a refund and It is not detailed on my bills since September 2018. I feel I am entitled to a refund at least until March this year when I changed my package as they will say it was not charged for since then.

The new OFCOM rules came into force on 1st October 2018, so September 2018 will have been the last bill to have the charge applied. You will only get a refund if you were charged AFTER 1st October 2018 for this service. If it doesn’t appear on the bill you were not charged for it.

Cable customer since 1993. Services: FH TV, Sky Sports & Movies (2xV6), Talk Anytime Phone, VIVID 350, Virgin PAYG Mobile
0 Kudos
canalboat
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi, thanks for your reply. My query with VM was that my monthly bill was not decreased by £2.25 per month after October 2018. Not a big amount just why ??

0 Kudos