Menu
JohnSe
Tuning in
Message 11 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocking nuisance calls

Hi CherryNWhite
There are phones that offer this option. I have one but it is a bit over complicated. I do not think it is as good as the one I got for my mother - a BT 4000. From memory it had the option to block withheld numbers, international numbers and out of area numbers. Plus the usual options to block numbers you do not know.

J
0 Kudos
Forum Team (Retired) Louise_F
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 12 of 14
Flag for a moderator

Hi CherryNWhite,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting.
As JohnSe advised you can get some phones that you are able to do this with.

We also offer Anonymous caller rejection which is £2.70 a month for this and this will only stop the calls that dial 141 first before dialling.

If the calls you are getting are unwanted marketing calls where the number is not presented you may find some useful information on our Help & Support page.  
Take care,
Louise
Forum Support Team

Forum Team

New around here? Find out more about the Community by checking our "Getting started guide"

0 Kudos
Smiglet44
Joining in
Message 13 of 14
Flag for a moderator

will Virgin be introducing a service like BTs 1572 option?  We are being plagued by nuisance calls from Benefits UK with random numbers showing, I have blocked many of these but the still call with a new number showing, we know they tried ten times in one day

0 Kudos
dles1966
Settling in
Message 14 of 14
Flag for a moderator

I have to disagree, TalkTalk call block service forces the caller to record a message who they are then you can choose to add them to your allowed callers or block them.

Using this service I had ZERO (yes ZERO) nuisance calls in 2 years.

Virgin really need to sort this out.
0 Kudos