Menu
Highlighted
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Blocked calls and Witheld calls still getting through

Hi

I have a BT cordless phone that allows me to block calls by individual number or by type of call such as Witheld numbers.

Since using the Virgin Media VoIP service via superhub 3, these types of calls are still getting through and Caller display is active on the line.

Has anyone else noticed this? I really don’t want to add Anonymous Call baring for £2.25 when I should be able to use my own facilities.

0 Kudos
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Blocked calls and Witheld calls still getting through

Hi nick_london, 

Being on the VoIP service should not make a difference to the settings on your phone if the phone itself is used to control whether withheld numbers get through. 

After speaking with our telephony department, your phone should still work as intended.

Is it possible the settings on the phone have reset? Or are they still programmed to your satisfaction?

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I’ve gone through all the settings and they are how they should be. It’s really strange

0 Kudos
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would have to ask around to see what could be causing the issue and get back to you with a more definitive answer tomorrow if that's OK? 

Please can you confirm the make and model of the landline handset you're using?

Many thanks, 

Dan_M
Forum Team

Need help changing SIM card? Find out more about activating your 4G ready SIM. 4G SIM Swap Help

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I will have a look when I get home. It’s also strange that when someone leaves a message on 1571, if I’m on another call it comes up as an incoming call but displaying ‘No number’.

Maybe some phones aren’t fully compatible with the service. I’ve also wondered if the problem is being caused by Caller display kicking in too late

0 Kudos
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi nick_london,

I chased this up with our team and the only thing I could find regarding this was that the phone you have may not be compatible as you feared, and it may be a feature that only works under certain conditions or on a BT line exclusively. We're unable to identify any other reason as to why it would not be working as expected. Perhaps the community have other ideas that may be able to resolve this issue. 

Many thanks,

Dan_M
Forum Team

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for taking the time.

I also noticed landline text messaging isn’t compatible with the service too.

0 Kudos