Menu
markie23
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Bills

Hi all

i phoned virgin two months ago to cancel my account. Which the agent said he'd done. The only thing is I keep getting bills every month even though I've moved from the property they are billing me for.

it was £34 last month and £58 this month. It keeps getting more. And they won't stop. I rang customer support and the woman hung up. I made a complaint a month ago and they did nothing. 

What can I do

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: Bills

Hi markie23,

Welcome to the community.

I can see that you've now spoken with the team so if there's anything else I can help you with please let me know.

Take care

Rose
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
markie23
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Spoken to the team?

what a waste of time, doing nothing and you consider this over now?

is that your best customer service effort?

no freephone number no email address and the chat never works. So phoning a prime time number at considerable expense to me.

to be told a pack of lies is your idea of sorting it

0 Kudos
markie23
Joining in
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Also I’m not interested in the opinion of virgin media staff on here this is for genuine people, not fake 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi markie23, 

Thanks for coming back to us on this and apologies if your issue wasn't resolved when you called. 

As there can be a delay in us replying, we do find a lot of customers call us after posting which is what Rose has referred to. Obviously after calling we would expect things to be resolved however if they aren't we ask you to let us know so we can offer further advice if needed. 

From your reply, I'll assume you are still receiving bills? If this is the case, speak to the team on 150 / 0345 454 1111 (this is charged at local rate, not prime. Depending on your provider, it may be inclusive of your minutes) and they can check why the account wasn't cancelled. 

Come back and let us know how it goes. 

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
markie23
Joining in
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How do you get that it’s cheap rate, it’s national rate according to my last bill

I have been told on numerous occasions that you will not do anything and will not refund me because you refused to cancel my account,

i cant even go to ombudsman because one of your supervisors says the case is closed, lying about the details and the reason why then using these lies to close the case then hanging up without listening to my point of view. 

I asl for information on the data protection act and get hung up on.

by the way this has happened on three occasions now, what have you got to hide. You even lie about this

but you post my personal details about my account, and when I complain nothing is done. By law you have to give me information you keep on me, ie the phone call where you allege I told you to keep my phone line, which I did not make but if you say it’s on your records then surely you need to show me this.

contacting me on phones I do not have then saying you contacted me and I won’t answer does not cut it with me.

send me your freephone number or email address, a company as large as virgin surely has a email address, you won’t answer when I add notes to my bill ans send a reply.

0 Kudos
markie23
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Just got another bill from this pathetic excuse of a company.

They do not even have a email address to contact them no freephone number or any way to contact them other than chat which doesn’t work or a prime time number which takes so long to get through to speak to someoneyouve spent a fortune, which goes straight into virgin media account.

last time I phoned I was on the phone for 1 hour and 30 minutes spoke to 3 different people just to get hung up on when I asked him to explain.

not a company that takes customer care seriously for sure.

whats your email address so I can have the reason why I can’t have a refund. Not just because I say so

if you don’t have a email account maybe you could post on the forum and ask how to set one up it I’m sure someone on here can advise you, as obviously it’s too much for your technical department.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi markie23, 

Thanks again for coming back to us with an update. 

We regularly review our contact options to ensure our customers have the best experience as well as making sure they meet OFCOM / CISAS regulations. 

We did use to have an email option however it became so over run with general queries that could have been resolved with a simple phone call that customers with genuine complaints were waiting long periods of time. Due to this we removed this option. 

If you've been charged a premium rate for calling then it sounds as though you have called 0845 rather than 0345. 0345 numbers are charged at the same rate as 01 and 02 numbers - none of which are prime. 

I would love to be able to help you via the Community however it's not something we can do. 

You could try Online chat? Contact Us

In order to get all your details including any call recordings we have then you just  need to request a DSAR on the call. This will then be sent to you for free via post within 45 days. 

Please keep us posted with how you get on. 

Apologies once again. 

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos
Highlighted
markie23
Joining in
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

I’ve requested that but got hung up on

the chat never works and you charge prime time phone calls. 

No email contact, it looks to me like you don’t want to help me

0 Kudos
Cookie1973
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Seriously a DSAR CALL was that ? Or a local 0345 number? That’s non existent!! I’ve tried everything!! And they have taken away the use of email ?? Customers only clog up the email system with complaints surely ??
0 Kudos