Menu
b018998029
Just joined
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

BT 6600 Answer machine does not work properly

We recently bought a BT6600 phone with integral answer machine.

It works fine except when someone calls and the answer machine kicks in but they dont leave a message. The phone then gets stuck in a loop and permanently thinks the caller is leaving a message. As a result no one else can then call as they get the engaged tone.

If the caller leaves a message and then ends the call there is no problem. We called BT and they have stated this is a known problem with Virgin and the answer is to get Virgin to send an end pulse down the line.

We have spent 40 minutes this afternoon speaking 3 different people at Virgin and none of them understand the problem or what an end pulse is. Has anyone else had a similar problem?

0 Kudos
stoo_77
Dialled in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: BT 6600 Answer machine does not work properly

Hi

I have a Panasonic phone with integral answer phone and has never proved a problem on VM even if the caller does not leave a message.  I would think its maybe a faulty unit.

Stoo.

==================
Broadband:- VIVID 200
TV:- Mix Tv (Tivo V6)
Phone:- Talk More Anytime
Mobile:- 2 x 30 day sim
0 Kudos
LittleMick73
Super solver
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I to have the same as stoo_77 and don't have any problems, sounds like a duff phone, not surprised that BT are trying to pass the buck. Regards Micky
0 Kudos
Jeff7
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I have had a similar problem with a BT answerphone, had the line checked by a Virgin engineer last week which confirmed everything was working but still had the problem of calls not clearing if the caller hung up while the outgoing message was playing. So I replaced the phone with another BT answerphone only to have the same result. I took this phone to my Mum who is on BT and it works perfectly - guess there must be something in the BT software which doesn't like Virgin (or vice versa). Previously had a Gigaset phone with no problem and now have a new Gigaset phone which works perfectly. The solution seems to be not to use a BT answerphone on a Virgin connection (at least for the time being).

0 Kudos
VHolland
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Did you ever get a resolution to your problem?  We've just bought a BT6600 cordless phone and we are having exactly the same problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi VHolland, 

Welcome to the Forums - thanks for joining and making your first post Smiley Happy 

This is not an issue that I have seen or heard of before - however we cannot comment on 3rd party equipment. Does the same issue happen using a different device?

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos