Menu
Highlighted
dog-man
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

About to be a new subscriber.

I agreed to have the Vivid 350 broadband service, nothing else.

Today, I received an email with the 'digital contract' for me to click on and effect sign.

I notice that a telephone service is included in the deal. I did not elect to have the telephone service.

Is this an error or does it come automatically with the Vivid 350 broadband service. I was planning on keeping my existing telephone service. I do not want nor require the phone service.

Any advice greatfully received as I will not sign the agreement until this possible error is sorted.

0 Kudos
dog-man
Tuning in
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: About to be a new subscriber.

Hmmm, I am not liking what I see so far!

I have been searching for an email address to contact Virgin and discuss the above but I find that there is no way of contacting them by email.

I cannot telephone as I am very hard of hearing and cannot carry out a conversation via a telephone.

I do not have a minicom as this condition is a fairly recent event and hopefully might improve.

So, what the hell do I do?

I think it looks like my Vivid 350 installation could be off. I am certainly not signing the contract as it is.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi

Is the price quoted the same as the deal you were offered? If it’s not then you shouldn’t sign it.

If the quoted price is the same and the deal comes with telephone service just go ahead and have it all installed, for some areas they connect your phone directly to the router now instead of an actual phone line. You don’t have to use the phone service but it maybe more expensive not to take the phone service as Virgin Media usually sells in bundles and sometimes works out cheaper to take the phone service even though you do not wish to use it.

If you feel like transferring your old telephone number to Virgin that can be arranged too.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

dont have it installed if you don't want. If you install and use it after the cooling off period you'll be in contract if you signed it or not

0 Kudos
dog-man
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I will check if it is the same price monthly that I agreed to. I think it is, but was concerned that there has been no conversation regarding taking their phone service.

I thought perhaps I was being conned by an over zealous sales person. Smiley Very Happy

I have discovered that you can do an online chat with customer services but I always get a message saying nobody is available. I must say that I have read countless complaints about Virgin customer services so I am not optimistic.

0 Kudos
nick_london
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

With my package I have TV,Broadband and phone and with Sky cinema channels. They told me that my actual telephone line rental works out at around £5 after bundle discounts during my contract after 12 months have to make a new contract or I am leaving 

0 Kudos