cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z flip 3 5g screen crack

Keenzo
Up to speed

Hi I bought my wife the Z Flip 3 5G on the 31/10/21.

It seemed fine until a crack started to appear along the crease where the phone folds, having read up on it seems that it is common with the flip / fold phones.

I have gone into my account and tried to arrange a repair for it but the only option is for accidental damage which has to be paid for, this is not accidental damage but damage by design of the phone.

Now the question being how do i get this repaired without sitting on the phone for hours and the CS not understanding the issue it is still unde warrenty as the warrenty is 24 months on my agreement.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

When you unbox your new Galaxy Z Flip 3 smartphone, you’ll notice a plastic wrapping film covering the entire phone, including the back. So of course, you need to remove this plastic. But that’s it. You can’t remove the pre-applied screen protector from the main screen of the Galaxy Z Flip 3. The screen protector is specially designed and protects the flexible display.

Although Samsung has ditched the care instructions from the plastic cover, it still warns against removing the protective film from the Galaxy Z Flip 3 in the initial software setup.

Note that the outer Cover Display does not have any screen protector in the first place. You can treat this display as any other display. The specific care instructions are applicable to special foldable display only.

don’t try to fix it yourself, as you may end up damaging it even more.

I contacted my phone provider who arranged for the phone to be picked up and fixed. A couple of days later they contacted me and told me that due to the plastic screen protector being removed, my phone was no longer under warranty.

Nope as you can see from above

5. Our full 24-month warranty (12-months for iPhones)

If your new phone or mobile broadband device goes wrong in that period and it's covered by the warranty, we'll do all the legwork for you to get it fixed. If you do need a replacement phone or mobile broadband device, we may provide you with one that's 'as new'. If your phone or mobile broadband device isn't covered, we'll advise you on what to do. However, if your phone or mobile broadband device was not bought direct from Virgin Media, a different returns policy may apply. Please check direct with the store. Full terms and conditions are set out below.

Terms and conditions of Virgin Media's 24 month warranty (12-months for iPhones)

1. If your new phone or new mobile broadband device (each referred to in these terms and conditions as the Device) ceases to function correctly due to defective materials or workmanship within 12 months for an iPhone, or 24 months for other handset manufacturer devices from purchase (excluding the battery and charger, which are covered for 12 months from purchase), we'll repair the Device or if we are unable to repair it we will replace it free of charge with an as new Device which in our opinion is of equivalent specification provided that:
a. your Device has been used in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions and hasn't been subject to abnormal conditions of storage, use or neglect (damage due to normal wear and tear or malicious or accidental damage are not covered); and
b. any repairs which have been or are to be undertaken have been arranged by us or the manufacturer's accredited repair centre.

which applies here as the mobile phone is fault by design

We can arrange for the phone to come in for repair however if the phone does have physical damage it would be an out of warrenty repair and would be chargeable.

Regards

Paul.

Legal action it is then cheers for confirming it

Have you already tried sending the phone in to be checked out?

Regards

Paul.