cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

z flip 3 5g screen crack

Keenzo
Up to speed

Hi I bought my wife the Z Flip 3 5G on the 31/10/21.

It seemed fine until a crack started to appear along the crease where the phone folds, having read up on it seems that it is common with the flip / fold phones.

I have gone into my account and tried to arrange a repair for it but the only option is for accidental damage which has to be paid for, this is not accidental damage but damage by design of the phone.

Now the question being how do i get this repaired without sitting on the phone for hours and the CS not understanding the issue it is still unde warrenty as the warrenty is 24 months on my agreement.

Thanks

14 REPLIES 14

Ayisha_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Keenzo 👋

Welcome back to our Community Forums and thanks for your post. 

I am sorry to hear that the phone you purchased for your wife is damaged. 

We have some info 👉 here on how to arrange a repair. 

Let me know if we can help with anything else.

Thanks

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Best going to Samsung as first port of call.

Virgin's repairs have not got the best of write ups

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/repair/

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply @Ayisha_B but if you had read my post you would have already seen me saying

I have gone into my account and tried to arrange a repair for it but the only option is for accidental damage which has to be paid for, this is not accidental damage but damage by design of the phone.

hence why i have now posted here, the only option is for accidental damage which this is not. i am not clicking on accidental damage as then i will be admitting damage which is not true.

so ill try again how do i get this repaired without giving false accidental damage options

Unless i click on accidental damage the page does not go any further

Thanks @enlli tried that too but they are stating

Please be aware that your warranty will not cover physical damage to the device. This means that the inspection and repair will be chargeable.

It looks like your device needs a repair.

Please continue to book a repair appointment.

When booking your repair, please give us detail on what damage has been caused to your device.

Please note that any damage caused to your device won't be covered by the warranty.

Thanks for coming back to me @Keenzo 

Please get in touch with Samsung directly to arrange a repair for the damage under your warranty. 

If the repair is chargeable and there is a dispute over the damage, let us know. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

thanks Ayisha_B this is from Samsung

Please be aware that your warranty will not cover physical damage to the device. This means that the inspection and repair will be chargeable.

It looks like your device needs a repair.

Please continue to book a repair appointment.

When booking your repair, please give us detail on what damage has been caused to your device.

Please note that any damage caused to your device won't be covered by the warranty.

Hi Keenzo,

Thank you for reaching back out, I have the same phone and there is a protective screen cover on the phone, the crack you are seeing may just be on that and not on the underneath screen, if the actual screen is cracked then this would not be covered especially as you have had the phone for over 16 months.

Regards

Paul.

I have a 24 month warrenty from virgin media on this phone, this is a known issue where the screen cracks in the phone over time.

so can you tell me how under my 24 month warrenty from virgin media do i get this fixed. or do I actually need to start legal proceedings to get this sorted?

Warranty doesn't cover damage to the screen, have you tried removing the screen cover to see if it is a crack?

Regards

Paul.