Menu
JPK91
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

what is wrong with VirginMobile

What's wrong with this company?! I swear it should shut down for good. Too many people are having issues with this effing company, and they still charge you??? How the hell???????!!!!!!

I travelled abroad and needed to use my phone, but of course I couldn't because the network didn't work!!! I wanted immediate solution, went online to see what other people did. There were many people with the same issue, but no working solution offered to this problem. 

Now I came back, the network worked properly. Today, when I wanted to send a text, I couldn't, and I also can't call, or receive a text or a phone call.

What the hell are you charging for I'm asking??? I want my money back immediately!!! How dare you take money from my account for a service I can't use??? It's a shame!! 

How come anytime I look for a solution for an issue caused by Virgin, they always offer one via a phone call, a text message or something that I already have issue with? So, there's never a quick and easy solution. Are you all new, learning at Virgin Mobile, is there no one who knows what they are doing? 

It is annoying! I've been using this company for years, but there's never been a quick and easy solution for any issues. 

I'm really seriously considering swapping mobile network, and I will defo recommend others to leave Virgin. It would also be advisable take this thing to court, as you at Virgin charge people monthly for something they can't use!! 

I didn't complain before, although I have had many issues with this company, but now, that's it, I have had enough, won't take anymore!!!

Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: what is wrong with VirginMobile

Hi there JPK91, welcome to our forums.

I'm sorry to hear of the issues you have been having with the service while abroad.

Before you left the UK did you sign into your online account or call the team to have the roaming activated?

Nathan B

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

0 Kudos
JPK91
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nate, 

Thanks for getting back to me.

I have traveled abroad many times, and didn't always have this problem. Before I left I didn't phone Virgin about activating the Roaming as it had worked before automatically. My bf didn't phone them to activate it either, and it worked for him, except for the data, that didn't work at all. 

This time I was away for 2 weeks, and had no network at all the whole time. Few months before that I was abroad again for 10 days, had no network for about 7 days, then in the last 3 days a miracle happened, but it didn't work for my bf at all the whole time.

What's the logic behind this? How is that every once in a while at least one of us can't use the service we are paying for? 

Do Virgin staff put a blindfold on and randomly pick a few hundreds/thousands of people who won't have network access for a few days? Is this the strategy to save some money at Virgin? It does seem like that!

It's one thing the service quite often calls a quit when traveling abroad, but how can you explain that it doesn't work when I'm in the UK?! When we came back, it worked fine, then the next day it was out of service. Because of that I missed a very important phone call, and a good job opportunity thanks to Virgin!

What do you suggest? Will I get my money back?? I think it's fair enough! 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply JPK91, 

Whilst we offer the services abroad we can't guarantee them as we're using a partner network and not our own, however I can fully appreciate this is disappointing. 

We'd need some further details to see if we can find out what's gone on, therefore I'll pop you a personal message and we'll take things from there. 

I look forward to hearing from you soon. 

:) 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos