cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

weak 5g on poco f3 *5g

gokus
On our wavelength

i only get one bar on my phone < 5g sim > thats messing up calls and texts  but  when i set it to  pick 3g i get five bars is that ok ?

i live in the country side south devon closeist 5g is some 40 miles away city

4 REPLIES 4

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

All new SIM cards are 5G ready. However, they work quite happily on 4G, 3G and 2G.

I suspect your 1 bar is the 4G signal in your area.

What does this give for your postcode?

https://www.vodafone.co.uk/network/status-checker

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Molly_T
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gokus, thank you for getting in touch to bring this to our attention!

You can have your mobile selected to whichever of the networks you wish. It sounds like if you would like to optimise your signal you would be best to choose 3G as this has the best signal for you. We are expanding our 5G network all the time - you can also check coverage in your area here. 

Are you having any issues due to poor signal or signal coverage?

Let us know how you are getting on so we can offer you further support if needed. 

All the best. 

Molly

gokus
On our wavelength

thank you for your help iv put it on 3g  ooo that 5g hype be years before it gets  to devon 

now calls much better and texts get to people 

once again thank you 

Hi @gokus, thanks a lot for your confirmation and great news that things are working better for you!

I'd recommend keeping using 3G for now, but let's hope things improve for you on the 4 and 5G's going forwards as this keeps expanding.
Many thanks

Tom_W