cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail wont clear

dparki2
On our wavelength

voicemail showing 1 notification but i have no messages, tried resetting network settings, tried the turning badges on and off thing, nothing is clearing it and its annoying as hell, please someone fix it for me 

10 REPLIES 10

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dparki2,

Welcome back to our Community Forums! Thank you for your post and I'm sorry to hear that you're having some issues clearing your Mobile Voicemail notification. I can understand how frustrating unnecessary notifications can be.

Have you tried to access the voicemail service and listened to any saved voicemails there to see if this can help get rid of the notification?

Have you tried to turn your phone off and back on again to see if this can help?

Let us know how you're getting on.

Thanks! 😊 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

dparki2
On our wavelength

hi yes i have no saved or new messages and i have turned phone on and off many times, it just wont clear at all

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dparki2,

Thanks for coming back and confirming. Can you please confirm what mobile phone model you have?

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

dparki2
On our wavelength

hi paulina yes i have an apple iphone 14 max

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dparki2,

Thank you for confirming. In this instance, this does seem like it's an issue with the mobile notifications, not with the Mobile Network itself.

Please take a look at the Apple Voicemail Notification thread on the Apple website which can assist you further with this query.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

dparki2
On our wavelength

i have done all them steps and they are saying contact the carrier ?

1. If you still need help, contact your carrier."

i guess no one has a fix for this sadly

dannylau
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Try this 

Leave yourself a new voice message via someone's phone, then delete it, it should then hopefully go away 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @dparki2,

Thanks for coming back to us. Unfortunately, this is a known Apple issue and because of this, we're unable to assist further.

Please try turning your Voicemail notifications off in your Settings page and that way, you'll receive a text message when you receive a voicemail.

But going forward, we would advise you get in touch with Apple directly. You can view their contact options through their website.

We do apologise that we're unable to assist further.

Thank you.

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

dparki2
On our wavelength

funny how looking on the forum here i am not the only one and its not just apple 

Re: Voicemail Notification But No Voicemail!

on ‎02-12-2020 19:46

is there really no fix for this?

My Samsung J6 has this issue, so I put the SIM into a factory reset J5, and it shows the same thing.

Called voicemail and there are no new messages and no saved messages.

Please Virgin Mobile, get a grip on this

there are lots of people been saying the same as me, going to apple doesn't solve nothing as they are saying its virgin!

Can you please just delete my voicemail account, i don't want it or need it !!!!

That or i will just cancel and go elsewhere.