Menu
Highlighted
Biddy1
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

using mobile in Australia

Hi, I'm visiting Australia in September. I am flying alone and therefore would like to text or ring family to let them know I am safe. I will be staying with my daughter so I know I will be able to use WiFi eventually. How do I go about setting up my mobile for the trip? What do I do when I arrive? This is only the 2nd time I have left the UK in 30 years and last time was Europe. I had a nightmare sorting my mobile in Europe. Also does anyone have any idea what the charges are as I presume they aren't covered by my monthly allowances. Can I top up beforehand? 

Thank you in advance.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: using mobile in Australia

Full help and information about costs can be found at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-roaming-hub

However, using a Virgin Mobile in Australia will incur some high charges depending on your usage. There is no option to top up your account as such as the charges would be the same as if you paid them afterwards on your monthly bill.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Biddy1, you will find everything you need to know around roaming here  virg.in/abroad  if you need any further help don't hesitate to contact us .^PDe

0 Kudos
Biddy1
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. I've searched and searched and never been able to find the costing on the website

0 Kudos
Biddy1
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

The link doesn't work sorry

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator