Menu
Daveydub
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

use 2 sim cards on one plan

I have a sim only for my mum who uses an old clam shell phone (Doro) and although we had succesfully moved her on to a smart phone and she was gradually getting the hang of it, a friend talked her in to this backward step and she will not be budged. She no longer has a landline and I am wondering whether to get her a mobile travel hotspot & 4g sim to allow her internet on her tablet.

Her current phone will not "tether" and I think that would be beyond her anyway.

She has 2gb a month allowance on her sim which is never used & if this could be transferred to a separate sim I could then put that in a mobile hotspot for her.

I doubt very much if this is going to be posible but before going further thought that I should at least ask.

Thanks

Dave

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: use 2 sim cards on one plan

Hi Daveydub,

Thank you for your post. 

Sadly that isn't something we'd be able to do. My apologies.

^Martin

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: use 2 sim cards on one plan

Vodafone used to offer what they called "MultiSIM" which didn't allow data on the second SIM but was otherwise fully functional, and Orange (as opposed to EE) used to have "Single Number" which was fully functional bar a couple of CLI-related gremlins on the second SIM.

Both have been closed since many years, I personally used Orange Single Number but had to admit its uses were getting pretty niche when the second SIM was given notice about 5 years back now.

0 Kudos