cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to receive OTP from Virgin Money

Mort
On our wavelength

I am waiting for a OTP from Virgin Money and have been told that the problem lies with Virgin Media as the sms is not being allowed through your network - if this is true when can I expect a resolution - I can receive OTP from other organisations !

7 REPLIES 7

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Money is a new one to add to this long list of problems with OTP

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952

Doubtful you will get any other answer than we are aware of a problem and working on a resolution 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

'Doubtful you will get any other answer than we are aware of a problem and working on a resolution'

15 MONTHS on, and they are still trotting out the same old 'cut and paste' 

This will never be sorted. As I keep stating, VM are not interested in sorting this. Repeated 'promises' they are 'looking into it' are nothing but LIES..

Best just find another carrier, because this will STILL be 'being looked at' this time next year, believe me!!

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @Mort

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear this, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused. 

This is a known issue that we've raised with the relevant teams and are currently working on resolving. 

You'll be able to find any updates on this matter here

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

enlli
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

SNAP!

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

HughJarsse
Knows their stuff

The phantom 'cut and paster' strikes again!!

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good Evening @Mort,

I'd like to take some details from you and have this fed back to our team.

Check out the purple envelope in the top right hand corner for a private message from me

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Exactly the same problem here -- unable to get an OTP from Virgin Money.

I was promised an answer on Saturday -- https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Mobile/Issues-receiving-OTP-text-messages/td-p/4328952/p... nothing came.

Curiously, OTP's from Virgin Money were received as recently as Friday (29th Oct), but for the last 2 days, no joy.

FWIW I tried phoning Virgin Money and that was equally futile.

I am on a 12 month contract with Virgin Mobile, but will endeavour to breach this on the grounds that a core service (OTP) is not working (i.e. I was mis-sold a service)