cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

tracking phone repairs

Jovizzy
Joining in

I returned my phone as it was not charging again (this is the third time this has happened).  I received an email to say it wasn't covered by the warranty but no reason given.  The email also said someone would call to discuss if I wanted to pay for the fix.  No phone call received.  Just rung customer services and they can't retrieve the repair tracking information.  In my account if I try to register a fault it says there is a repair in progress and to check the tracking page but there is no link to the tracking page.  How do I find out where my phone is and why it isn't covered by the warranty (which as standard is 2 years from Sony and the phone was less than 2 years old when returned)?

3 REPLIES 3

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Jovizzy,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about the issue with your handset repair job. 

I have been able to locate your account and do wish to help further. 

What I will do is private message you so we can look into this. 

^Martin

Kez11
Joining in

Hi,

How can I find out where my phone is?

I used the virgin mobile repair service via my online Virgin account to log a repair. I received the pack and sent my mobile off. DPD confirmed that they had delivered it on the 04/03/22.

Since this time, I havent received any communication about my phone and if the repair was possible or completed.

I contacted Virgin repair Unipart who kindly confirmed that my mobile had been processed on the 08/03/22 but due to interfacing, Virgin did not receive an update. This was confirmed by Virgin customer service, who couldn't access any tracking information. I was informed that someone from Virgin would be in touch. This has yet to happen. 

Therefore, how do I find out about my mobile repair and where my phone is? 

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi Kez11, 

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

I am sorry to hear you have experienced some delays with the repair of your handset. 

I would be happy to look in to this further for you but I will just need to grab some details via private message. 

I'll pop this over now and you will be able to access the message via the purple envelope on the top right of this page. 

Speak soon, 

Nat